JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The dispute: One (1) milled lower receiver, two (2) 80% lowers, 3 upper builds, optics for each and 40-30rnd mags.
Clearly you only bought 1 firearm but it was the "spirit" of the other two you forgot to factor into the equation. :p

Next time, you have to introduce 80% gun builds 20% at a time until complete.
But not all is lost here, what you can do is claim to have screwed up the two 80% lowers bringing you back down to the spirit of only 1 purchased firearm, then... but not all at once, buy 2 more 80% lowers to repair the ones you screwed up. Then much much later on after a lot of work arounds you will "suddenly" figure out how to make the 2 screwed up lowers work again and since those are already accounted for you wont have to buy new diamonds to finish building them and wind up with 5 working guns.

Clearly you only bought 1 firearm but it was the "spirit" of the other two you forgot to factor into the equation. :p

Next time, you have to introduce 80% gun builds 20% at a time until complete.
But not all is lost here, what you can do is claim to have screwed up the two 80% lowers bringing you back down to the spirit of only 1 purchased firearm, then... but not all at once, buy 2 more 80% lowers to repair the ones you screwed up. Then much much later on after a lot of work arounds you will "suddenly" figure out how to make the 2 screwed up lowers work again and since those are already accounted for you wont have to buy new diamonds to finish building them and wind up with 5 working guns.
This guy has it down!

Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations… joking aside:

Budget so that a certain amount of money needs no permission for how it is used for all parties involved

Money strife is one of the leading causes for marital problems. I believe most of that would be remedied with simple budgeting. Each person gets some, that is there's to use however they wish. However that only works if your budget is really set in stone with what money is allowed for what, if people cheat the budget, it falls apart.

For example, I would lump my wife's make up, fancy shampoo, coffee, etc all into the same category "fun" because those are not necessary.

She might feel the same about some of my hobby purchases (guns and ammo).

So you have to first find a place of agreement to start with, and then budget from there. For us she rarely spends money and when she does it's not too much or she asks me ahead of time to let me know and I acknowledge the purchase will happen.

I handle all the finances, I also am the person who works since the wife is home with the child, so I just make sure we have money for everything important and some extra for some fun, and I don't think twice about buying anything I want because as far as she is concerned money is never a problem because all the bills are always paid and she always gets to buy that little thing she wants when she wants it. Like a new sweatshirt she just got.

My sister and her husband handle it differently. They both work. She handles a lot of the finances, but they have individual accounts and share a joint account that they both put an equal amount of money into every month to cover all shared expenses. They buy anything they want, anytime they want, as long as it is under $100. If it is over $100 they have to talk about it first.

Every couple has to figure out what system works for them, but I find the couples without a thought out system typically are the ones with money problems.

Come to think of it. Getting caught with a pile of parts makes me wonder if I should somehow feel guilty about the 4.5k rounds of ammo that arrived last week... that have so far gone unnoticed. Maybe push those a bit further back in the garage for now, hu? :D

While perhaps technically, and currently legally, you purchased only one firearm, I'll remind you that honesty is the cornerstone of a healthy relationship. If you can fake that, you've got it made. ;)

Don't do that either. :D

I seem to have gotten into a little hot water, but I disagree with the premise and looking for a little backup here.

The dispute: One (1) milled lower receiver, two (2) 80% lowers, 3 upper builds, optics for each and 40-30rnd mags.

It is MY contention that I've purchased, per agreement and by any legal definition, only ONE (1) new "firearm" this year. Am I wrong???🤔
You say
"Listen, woman! I do what I want and when I want. Now get those shoes off, get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!"

I vote "tastes great"...

Wrong. You purchased no firearms this year because you went digging in the back of the safe and found stuff you bought years before you even started dating.

Now repeat after me: "Honey there is no way I would spend money on guns when I'm saving up for that necklace/ring/earrings you wanted for our anniversary."
I've probably told this story half a dozen times here, but I don't care, I still love it. One of my old dealers back home told me about one of their regulars, he'd always split his purchases 3 ways. Some cash, some card, and a check.

Once he got it home, he'd stick it in the back of the safe and refuse to touch it for a couple of months. The waiting period was so there wouldn't be a hint of a lie in him when he said he'd had it forever. I like to think of it as the 8 year old waiting for mom to finish shopping method, turns 15 minutes into a solid week. I feel about the same waiting on NFA approvals

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top