JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm working on a High standard Durango, 9 shot .22…. I've never seen this before and its my first experience with this revolver, I've looked everywhere and found no information on it either.. Im having major issues with the cylinder locking up. Originally the cylinder would lock up so the owner replaced the cylinder stop spring and cut it short, installed the stop incorrectly and so it just wedged against the cylinder. I tore it apart, cleaned it, put it back together correctly and found the spring was too short and was not engaging the stop whatsoever… this lead to incorrect timing and caused some minor damage to the cylinder from the firing pin when it didnt line up. I put in a full sized spring, factory spring is too long so i trimmed it enough that the stop would function but after testing again I noticed that the cylinder does not begin to rotate before the stop reengages the cylinder. This is causing the cylinder to lock up again…..
I realize that I most likely need to replace the hand but again I have no familiarity with this revolver and I dont want to play eenie meenie minee moe trying to get the right part replaced. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it greatly, thanks guys.

You're describing a complex timing issue. Is your goal primarily to have a shooter or to learn how to fix single action revolvers? If you're looking for a shooter, I'd suggest buying a Ruger .22 Wrangler for $200 or so and selling off the Durango. As a project gun, there's a lot to experiment on, including the interaction between the hammer, trigger, hand, etc. Does the mechanism resemble a Colt single action? There's plenty of information available about that design.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top