JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just installed the new Lone Wolf slide I bought on my Glock 33 and I am having a problem. Whenever I rack the slide it freezes open. I have to lift the end of the barrel slightly to get it to cycle shut. Could this be because the front sight is not installed? :huh:

More likely a mismatch in the fitting between the rear of the barrel and the inside of the slide (top front edge of the ejection port). Might be hanging it up.

Nope, both of those things are fine. The problem is where the barrel reaches the point on the slide where the post for the front sight is located. One the slide that his it installed it lifts a bit. In the one that does not have the sight it does not lift and gets stuck.

Since the barrel tips at an angle when the slide pulls back, the "hole" for the front sight might be catching on the edge of the chamber. It's a long shot, but I've seen stranger things.

Try putting two pieces of electrical tape over the inside of the slide, over the hole. Make them a little long, maybe 3/4 to an Inch. Reassemble and try.

Check for burrs from the machining process, and gently file where needed.

I just installed the new Lone Wolf slide I bought on my Glock 33 and I am having a problem. Whenever I rack the slide it freezes open. I have to lift the end of the barrel slightly to get it to cycle shut. Could this be because the front sight is not installed? :huh:

Could be the slide stop (I'm not familiar with glocks TBH). But my Dad's 1911 would get stuck mid-cycle (Sometimes even while firing). It was because the slide stop was too bulky.

Maybe the new slide is a bit too bulky at some parts.

The front sight hole shouldn't make any difference in the cycling of a Glock.
I've run Glocks without front sights. Heck, I run them with the slide chopped
full of holes!

If the barrel fits with a little bit of clearance at the hood and locking point
at the front of the port, then start looking at the barrel lug and locking block.
I've also seen one that would drag a bit on the recoil spring guiderod,
the head of the rod where it seats into the barrel lug can be a bit too
large in diameter.

I've got a G17 Lone Wolf SS slide on a Open division gun, and it took
a bit of barrel fitting to get it happy.

I fixed it. There was a slight ridge on the front interior of the new slide. I took an angle file to it and it works perfectly now. I just need to sand it with some 400 grit paper to make it a little prettier where I did the fix and I am good to go. :)

photo-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads