JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gentlemen, I'm in trouble and it's no bodies fault but mine.

Got my two FP cards from CCSO. Got my two amnesty Form 1's done....ready to mail the FP cards...WHAT..??..!! I need TWO for EACH Form 1...??..!! Oh boy.....Like I said, this is nobodies fault but mine for not reading CAREFULLY.

Does anyone have some FP cards and an ink pad that would allow me to purchase the cards and 'rent' the ink pad for a few minutes...?? I'm in Vancouver but obviously time is of the essence, so I'll be happy to drive and meet wherever.

At work, we call times like this a SILO moment; self induced learning opportunity.....

Thank in advance - B.B.S.

I did digital ones but i believe you can send in just the two cards with multiple cover letters. I don't think you need a total of 4 if you mail them together. Might research or hopefully someone adds to this.

From the ATF website.

165F846E-BE06-4415-B5D6-7C4C0D54486A.png

Future advice, just order a whole bunch from the ATF website. They're free and you can have as many as you like.

I was always concerned about 'rolling my own' fingerprint cards at home, but it seems lots of folks do it successfully.....that's the path, going forward.

Thanks for the help, everyone...!!

I was always concerned about 'rolling my own' fingerprint cards at home, but it seems lots of folks do it successfully.....that's the path, going forward.

Thanks for the help, everyone...!!
Also FYI you can do digital fingerprints at a ups store that has a scanner. Once you have that eft file you can attach it as many times as needed for future applications (it doesn't expire). It probably costs more though.

Fwiw here are my notes re UPS store fingerprint process. Note that there are other companies to use besides printscan, that is just the one the guy at ups store recommended.

For those interested in getting electronic prints from ups store here are some notes fyi. Not sure if I will use them or not, may just use for a suppressor.

1. Go to printscan.com to fill out info and pay $65. I selected "atf" for the category it asks for fwiw. You can do this in parking lot on phone if desired. I think there are other companies you can sign up to do it but this was the one they recommended in the store fwiw.
2. Select the ups store and appointment date and totally ignore appointment date and time as it is 100% meaningless.
3. Go to store and use QR code printscan sent on email. They will log u in. You need 2 forms of id, driver's license and car registration are acceptable but CHL is not on their list. Scanner is pretty finicky you have to be patient. You can go back and re roll if you don't like a result.
4. After you select finish they will send you an email saying info was sent to atf. Totally ignore that &cuz it's just some bs email to confirm that printscan got your prints
5. Next email is payment receipt
6. Next email is link for the eft file. Takes about 5 minutes to get this email
7. When you get home you can download the Eft file on computer using the email link they sent. Don't try to do it on phone it won't let you. The link is only good for 24 hours.

Basically you have to be prepared to go through some confirmation stuff like enter verification code they sent you, and deal with finicky scanner, and decide if the $ is worth it to you or not vs other methods. That's how I look at it anyway.

I rolled my own a few times. They actually turned out better than the scanned prints at the SO. Good thing about rolling your own is that you can do a card every now and then without leaving the house. If you screw one up, just grab another card.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top