JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this semi-inlet rifle stock just to practice my woodworking skills, but the anatomic pistol grip I was carving turned out quite nicely so I decided to make a custom rifle build on it
But the problem is I have no idea which action could fit it. I was told originally that it is a Mauser but from the pictures Mauser stocks look different. Spent several hours searching popular models but could not find anything

Does this look familiar to anyone?

image.jpg

image2.jpg

Thanks for the input, it was helpful

I still have no exact match though
The front of the action is flat, and the recoil lug is in very front of the receiver. It rules out Remington 700, Savage (they have round receiver), Ruger 77 (it's recoil lug is at least quarter of an inch from the front). It looks like the front action screw is supposed to go through the lug (no Win 70)
What confuses me the most is the inletting for the rear part of the receiver. It is deep - around 1 inch, and it looks like the rear screw is not supposed to go through the wood like in Mauser, but either the back of the receiver is at least 1 inch high so it could lay on the wood deep in the inletting, or the back of the receiver is long enough to be supported on the wood behind the inletting.
The worst thing would be if the stock maker screwed up and cut the wood in the places one was not supposed to.

I also don't have screw holes drilled so I can't measure exact distance, but if they are supposed to be where I think they should be (recoil lug and the back of the machined inletting) - it measures around 8 1/4. No exact match to any of those models again..

Here is a picture in a better light:
2vun8uq.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class