JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had this rifle for a few years. It's an absolutely gorgeous gun, but I cant seem to find much info on it.

It's a ZBROJOVKA BRNO ZKW 465, made in Czechoslovakia.
Some sites list it as a CZ, but it doesnt say cz anywhere on it.
It's chambered in 22 hornet and it has the double set triggers.

I've found some that are similar, but i've been unable to find another with this nice of stock. And i've seen prices anywhere from $800 - $1800

Any info you guys might be able to give me would be much appreciated.
I'd love to find out when it was made, how much it's worth, and exactly what model it is.

http://img708.imageshack.us/i/img0176dj.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Appears to be a BRNO Hornet Sporter (Model ZKW 465).
Miniature Mauser action, 22.75" barrel.
Mfd 1948-1973
Blue book has values: 98%=$925, 95=750, 90=625

serial # run 00111 to 37,393 and you can extrapolate from there.

The three-leaf rear sight obviously was removed to install the front scope mount.

Appears to be a BRNO Hornet Sporter (Model ZKW 465).
Miniature Mauser action, 22.75" barrel.
Mfd 1948-1973
Blue book has values: 98%=$925, 95=750, 90=625

serial # run 00111 to 37,393 and you can extrapolate from there.

The three-leaf rear sight obviously was removed to install the front scope mount.

Thanks!
Did you find anything about different stocks being available?
all of the others I find look like this one:

.22 Hornet? That thing is pretty!

lol
Thank you too!
It's even better in person.

Hello,

Absolutely beautiful rifle and I would love to see more pictures of it...as I am a pretty serious Brno fan. (Especially of the bolt handle, rear of the receiver near safety and where the front sight should be...front scope mount is mounted in it I think.)

Here is a link to my Brno ZKW-465 22 Hornet (Sometimes called the Brno Fox)

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344815&highlight=465*

Brno465iv.jpg

Brno465ii-1.jpg

Brno465iii-1.jpg

Brno465-1.jpg

It is amazingly how esthetically and ergonomically pleasing they are to the eye as well as to the touch. As soon as you shoulder & handle one of these rifles once, you know why many folks consider these fine little Czech rifles as one of the finest 22 Hornet sporters ever made. Pretty broad statement but handle one and you will understand. They are classic and timeless old world rifles of a “by-gone-era”.

Please note the following photo.

Top: Brno ZKW-465
Bottom: Brno ZKM-451 (Model #1)
(Sorry I can't remember who to give credit to for this photo.)

original.jpg

As noted, many describe these as the finest sporting 22 Hornet rifle ever made...I tend to agree. Incidentally and ironically they are worth more unaltered, complete, with original stocks etc to collectors. That is not to say your's is worth less as it has a beautiful stock but it is not necessarily worth more. One thing that does hurt yours is it is missing the original and unique rear tri-leaf express sights. Does it still have it's original sight hood? One more word to the wise...DO NOT loose your magazine because IF you can find one they usually go for between $125-$250 each. The key is IF you can find one.

The going price is between $700-$1200 with $700-$800 being pretty average for a nice one. The variation depends a bit on condition but more on whether they have original scopes and base/rings that were sold with them originally.

That all said...if you ever need to move yours, let me know as I may have a friend interested.

Best of luck!

TOU

The other members are correct in their identification and approximate value. Although Brno did make custom stocks, yours is not a factory version. As to the value - a Brno collector would downgrade the rifle for having a custom stock as well as missing the rear sight which is impossible to find. It would also be worth 10-15% less for having the rear bridge tapped. Shooters on the other hand, would probably like the stock. Unfortunately almost no one likes white line spacers any more meaning they would have to be cut out and the stock refinished. The scope mount is probably a stith. Parts for these have been unavailable for years.

The other members are correct in their identification and approximate value. Although Brno did make custom stocks, yours is not a factory version. As to the value - a Brno collector would downgrade the rifle for having a custom stock as well as missing the rear sight which is impossible to find. It would also be worth 10-15% less for having the rear bridge tapped. Shooters on the other hand, would probably like the stock. Unfortunately almost no one likes white line spacers any more meaning they would have to be cut out and the stock refinished. The scope mount is probably a stith. Parts for these have been unavailable for years.

I was just trying to soften the blow a bit on a rifle that is obviously full of sentimental attachment. But...you are dead on and accurate on all points...including the white line spacers. (I have a line on an original but plate to replace mine...it almost made me not buy mine.) Nice rifle but no where remotely close to being worth $1800...I have only seen one go that high and it was a limited edition 1 of two made by Brno's custom shop. It was a VERY rare full stock that was rumored to not exsist...extensively engraved and look to be unfired.

Shoot it and enjoy it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads