JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The gun is a Savage 10 FCP-SR
The scope is a Vortex Viper 6-24 X 50mm MRAD
The suppressor is a Thunderbeast 30P-1

I have been looking at two scope rings so far The Larue Tactical LT120 and the GG&G quick release GGG-1199.

I like the one piece mounts and do not want to cheap out. This will be my long-range play and competition rifle but it may go on a hunt or two. I am not committed to quick release if it is detrimental to accuracy but from what I have read so far this is only an issue with the cheap mounts.

Opinions?

Assuming you already have a rail to mount things onto, I've had good luck with Leupold PRW Perma-Rings.

They aren't cheap, but once you get them properly connected and the optic mounted they work well.

If you don't have a rail, the Leupold 20MOA rail works nicely too. Gives you a little more room to play with for long range.

Put on the base of your choice and then lock it down with a pair of Burris Signature rings. The inserts will not only protect that fine piece of glass but with the offset you will have options for your MOA adjustments. They may not have the "cool" factor of some of the more expensive rings but they are very, very good for the money!...my .02............

You can spend so much money on scope rings, which I have done myself. Yet even the cheapest rings seem to work just fine. Most of my rings are Warne rings and they are rock solid for an excellent price. While I don't own any Burris Signature rings, they will be my next ring purchase. Everyone that has tried them rave about them. Go to any good shooting website and search their forum and you will see how much people swear by them.

This is what I chose. This was recommended by Savage. The GG&G Accucam Quick Detach Base w/ Integral 30mm Rings for Bolt Guns. $199.99 Optics Planet through Amazon.

I wanted a one-piece and quick detach but the Larue Tactical is not made from a single piece of metal, GG&G is.

All rings are not created equal. That's a really nice setup, and I would recommend investing in a good scope mount that won't shift if you drop it, and that will return to zero when you take it off. You'll need to measure carefully to get the scope height as low as possible, and some mounts may not offer the correct height.

The LaRue mounts seem to work well, as do Bobro. I have not tried GGG. Also, the Badger steel rings are among the best for the money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top