JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone, found this place late night surfing for ammo and deals. I am an Oregon native and I never knew that there was local forum. Great to see how active it is too!

I'm currently building an AR-10/LR308, it'll be my first. I hope to have it ready for a spring meet up with some friends.

-Robert

You vacation in Oregon? How's the firearm ownership in the UK? -Robert

You'll need to read a few of my 7533 posts for a good answer to that rather broad question. Basically, shooting is pretty big in UK and puts almost $3 Billion into the coffers every year.

The short of it is that it's a mite limited. But possible. I have twenty-one rifles and handguns but no shotguns. Take a look at Youtube - tac's guns - that should give you some idea. Looking around YT, THIS popped up - it's pretty good information and at the moment, seems to be correct. Please remember that the UK is exactly what it's called - a UNITED KINGDOM. Just like the US of A, the UK is made up of bits, in this case, four countries, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. the gun laws are 99% the same for everybody, except that Scotland has recently introduced, independently, registration for ALL airguns over 1 Joule. Northern Ireland, on the other hand permits ownership of regular-style handguns, just like yours, but has always had registration of air weapons, which are counted as firearms. In GB - that is, mainland UK - air rifles are only permitted up to 12 ft lbs, after that, they are classed as a firearm and need you to hold a Firearms certificate - FAC.

The rest of the UK does not.

No semi-auto centerfire rifles or carbines either, and two different levels of permit, as you would call it, for shotguns. No remote purchase of guns - must be face-to-face and the calibre must already be on your FAC as 'Authorised to acquire and possess ONE .308 Win calibre rifle'. Ammunition CAN be bought remotely, but only by sending off your original - not a photocopy FAC. There is no way on earth that I'm going to let mine out of my possession.

Black powder handguns are permitted - but not cartridge-firing BP handguns. Any and all BP rifles and shotguns are allowed. Replicas that shoot are firearms, as are antiques that you want to shoot.

Last Edited:
Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

You'll need to read a few of my 7533 posts for a good answer to that rather broad question. Basically, shooting is pretty big in UK and puts almost $3 Billion into the coffers every year.

That's good info thank you. I'll check out that channel.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

I did notice that program when looking around, that's a great idea.

-Robert

Hey everyone, found this place late night surfing for ammo and deals. I am an Oregon native and I never knew that there was local forum. Great to see how active it is too!

I'm currently building an AR-10/LR308, it'll be my first. I hope to have it ready for a spring meet up with some friends.

-Robert

Great place here, with a lot of good folks Robert. Of course there are some people that think there's some really distasteful people and topics. All you have to do is scroll on, or hit the back button. There's way more good than bad.

As far as "Ammo" and "Deals", I think during these time you'll have to find those separately rather than together "Ammo Deals".

Welcome aboard. (Username made me chuckle. :))

Haha, I was going to use a well known one of mine but decided to fly under the radar here.

Great place here, with a lot of good folks Robert. Of course there are some people that think there's some really distasteful people and topics. All you have to do is scroll on, or hit the back button. There's way more good than bad.

As far as "Ammo" and "Deals", I think during these time you'll have to find those separately rather than together "Ammo Deals".

Know when to hold 'em... know when to fold 'em...

... there'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

-Robert

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top