JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I will come right out and say that I'm only a 17 year-old high school student and live in California, but I'm planning to attend college/university up in the Pacific Northwest, and most likely plant myself there after that. Hoping to get my CHL when I can.

I always had an interest in firearms and shooting on some level, but when I finally got around to it, t'was love at first shot (I missed).

That said, I believe that a well-made 1911 is nothing short of exquisite. I swear, some of those models I see in pictures online make me drool (and I know I'm not alone in this!) and go lightheaded for a short while. The only other gun that can even come close in terms of looks, IMO, is a good old M14/M1A.

I like to think that I have pretty good instincts and potential to learn in the shooting aspect of firearms - although I've sadly never shot at anything past 25 yards and would really love to learn how to shoot rifles at long range. However, I'd be the first to admit that I have little to no knowledge in the technical side of things - basic maintenance and disassembly, upgrading parts, that kind of thing. I have a decent mechanical aptitude, but I'm honestly at a loss as to how or where to start.

Regards,
Razor

welcome, "sirs and madams" are you sure you haven't stumbled into the wrong site?:s0114:

hang around look and listen, talk a bit, you'll pick up a few pointers.

What is your planned course of study? What's your major? What are your career goals?

There's a lot of unknowns. I do know it's probably not going to be science/math related, or business (except maybe for consulting). For what it's worth, I do like a lot of stuff related to philosophy, social/global issues, reading/writing, that kind of stuff.

I am thinking about a minor in psychology.

Career goals? Hard to say when I don't even know my career yet. But I do want a job that I can at least enjoy on some level for enjoyment's sake.

Where you go depends on what you want to study, there are some good schools up here. If you want options to shoot, check out guns, etc. your best options will be in the Portland area. Eugene, the home of the University of Oregon isn't the most gun-friendly place. Portland isn't real gun friendly either, but there are still plenty of places around to shoot.

I have the perfect career plan. Go to Gonzaga. Get a B.S. in Crim j. Then get your JD from them and go fight for 2nd Amendment rights. You can still minor in psychology and you'll be in tune with current social issues. Oh yeah, plenty of places to shoot in greater Spokane area.

Brutus out

I have the perfect career plan. Go to Gonzaga. Get a B.S. in Crim j. Then get your JD from them and go fight for 2nd Amendment rights. You can still minor in psychology and you'll be in tune with current social issues. Oh yeah, plenty of places to shoot in greater Spokane area.

Brutus out

What if he's not Catholic?

Look at tuition costs and don't get yourself in debt in order to get a degree. There are way too many graduates with history and political "science" degrees that are $60K+ in debt.
Don't be one of them.
Chances are your best bet is getting your degree from one of the state colleges in California.
You will be paying in-state tuition which will be a heck of a lit cheaper than anything in Washington. Most likely have a better name recognition on a national basis also.
I know that Washingtonians have extremely high regard for the UW (University of Washington) but once you head a few hundred miles east no one knows it nor holds it in any special regard.

Oh, and don't even consider joining the National Guard because you will get free tuition (if they still do that). The chances of getting shipped to some shlit hole and coming back room temperature in a box are too high.

Get through college physically, financially and mentally and you can make your life decision then.

One more piece of advice: come up to the PNW for a week in late November before deciding if this is where you want to be.

Look at tuition costs and don't get yourself in debt in order to get a degree. There are way too many graduates with history and political "science" degrees that are $60K+ in debt.
Don't be one of them.
Chances are your best bet is getting your degree from one of the state colleges in California.
You will be paying in-state tuition which will be a heck of a lit cheaper than anything in Washington. Most likely have a better name recognition on a national basis also.
I know that Washingtonians have extremely high regard for the UW (University of Washington) but once you head a few hundred miles east no one knows it nor holds it in any special regard.

Oh, and don't even consider joining the National Guard because you will get free tuition (if they still do that). The chances of getting shipped to some shlit hole and coming back room temperature in a box are too high.

Get through college physically, financially and mentally and you can make your life decision then.

One more piece of advice: come up to the PNW for a week in late November before deciding if this is where you want to be.

Brilliant advice, start to finish. :s0155::s0155:

Thanks for all the posts, guys. I'll be sure to consider this.

EDIT: Seeing as I'm not going to be able to get up to the PNW for a while, does anyone feel like listing what they think about the good, the bad, and the ugly of the region?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top