JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all! I was researching what gun would be best for me and looking in to my CHL when I came across your site. I do not currently own a gun but have always been around guns. All of my family own guns, hunt and my mother had her CHL. I am a single mother and have decided I need to get a gun for protection. I would like some advice on what weapon would be best for me. I am looking for a smaller gun with less recoil but with stopping power. I also need one that is less expensive as I have recently become disabled. My children are teenagers and I very much want to educate them in the use of the weapon as well. I do plan to get my CHL as well. I greatly appreciate any advice you can give me!

Welcome.

Call around and see if there is a range near you that rents hand guns and use that resource to try different styles and calibers. You may want to look into a small frame revolver in .38 and there is a wide range of prices to choose from as well as used ones on the market.

Howdy, fellow Texan here. I agree with deadeye, most women have the best experience with revolvers. They're easier to handle and some women have trouble with the slides.

If you're looking for a CHL guns snubnoses are good especially with personal defense/stopping power as you said before.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top