JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all! I was researching what gun would be best for me and looking in to my CHL when I came across your site. I do not currently own a gun but have always been around guns. All of my family own guns, hunt and my mother had her CHL. I am a single mother and have decided I need to get a gun for protection. I would like some advice on what weapon would be best for me. I am looking for a smaller gun with less recoil but with stopping power. I also need one that is less expensive as I have recently become disabled. My children are teenagers and I very much want to educate them in the use of the weapon as well. I do plan to get my CHL as well. I greatly appreciate any advice you can give me!

Welcome.

Call around and see if there is a range near you that rents hand guns and use that resource to try different styles and calibers. You may want to look into a small frame revolver in .38 and there is a wide range of prices to choose from as well as used ones on the market.

Howdy, fellow Texan here. I agree with deadeye, most women have the best experience with revolvers. They're easier to handle and some women have trouble with the slides.

If you're looking for a CHL guns snubnoses are good especially with personal defense/stopping power as you said before.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top