JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone, my name is John. I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now on the advice of a buddy. Seems to be alot of good, like minded people on here. I finally gave in and joined today because I couldn't resist putting in my two cents on another forum. As the title of my post says, I'm in the Salem area. I am a 9 and a half year veteran of the United States Navy. Got out just about two years ago and I'm glad to be home for good. I have a large interest in all things guns / hunting / fishing / survival. I started shooting at a very young age and was allowed to practice my first love for my job while in the military as a SAMI and CSWI. I really look forward to getting to know you all on here. This forum is a great source of information. Anyway, enough rambling. Glad to be here!

One more thing: Can anyone tell me how to track my posts so I can go straight to them to look for replies? That way I don't have to remember the post name and try to search for it? Been on the interweb for a long time but this is my first forum experience.

I'm also having a hard time getting my avatar to work. When I go to my control panel and go to "change avatar" it just says that I don't have one uploaded and it won't let me uncheck the little box about not showing my avatar. Anyone got any help on this?

Welcome. You have to be a supporting member to get an avatar. If you go to the User CP, it will show threads that have been replied to that you've subscribed to. Starting a thread or posting a reply to one subscribes you to the thread. It also lets you look at every thread you've subscribed to in the same area.

Hope that helps.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR