Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hello from the Salem area

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by armedredneck, Jul 15, 2010.

1. armedredneck

armedredneck Oregon Active Member

Hello everyone, my name is John. I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now on the advice of a buddy. Seems to be alot of good, like minded people on here. I finally gave in and joined today because I couldn't resist putting in my two cents on another forum. As the title of my post says, I'm in the Salem area. I am a 9 and a half year veteran of the United States Navy. Got out just about two years ago and I'm glad to be home for good. I have a large interest in all things guns / hunting / fishing / survival. I started shooting at a very young age and was allowed to practice my first love for my job while in the military as a SAMI and CSWI. I really look forward to getting to know you all on here. This forum is a great source of information. Anyway, enough rambling. Glad to be here!

One more thing: Can anyone tell me how to track my posts so I can go straight to them to look for replies? That way I don't have to remember the post name and try to search for it? Been on the interweb for a long time but this is my first forum experience.

2. armedredneck

I'm also having a hard time getting my avatar to work. When I go to my control panel and go to "change avatar" it just says that I don't have one uploaded and it won't let me uncheck the little box about not showing my avatar. Anyone got any help on this?

3. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

welcome to the forum. i can't help you with the avatar, but, if nothing else, to see your messages, go to advanced search and search on you login name.
    James

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. You have to be a supporting member to get an avatar. If you go to the User CP, it will show threads that have been replied to that you've subscribed to. Starting a thread or posting a reply to one subscribes you to the thread. It also lets you look at every thread you've subscribed to in the same area.

Hope that helps.

5. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Welcome!

6. armedredneck

Thanks all! How do you become a supporting member? Never mind, I just figured it out.

7. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

8. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Armedredneck.

Will

9. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

Welcome Aboard

10. tcs#1

tcs#1 oregon Member

Thank- You for serving

Welcome to the forum

11. armedredneck

You're welcome. Thanks for being worth serving for.