1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from Redmond, Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gashog, Jan 4, 2014.

1. gashog

gashog Redmond, Oregoon New Member

I'm semi retired in Redmond, Oregon. I worked in the securities business in the Willamette valley for 32 years.

I'm concentrating my time as a civil rights activist specializing in the First, Second, and Fourth Amendments of the US Constitution, and I can tell you, I've been busy. I typically will call, e-mail, or write one of my elected officials at least once per day, every day as circumstances warrant. They all know me and recognize me at their town halls or other functions. I also make it a point to know the Police Chiefs, Sheriffs, Fire Chiefs, and other public officials and they know me.

Served in the US Navy and reserves from 1971-1977.

Certified NRA Range Safety Officer and NRA member for over 30 years.

Have taught many people how to shoot. Many for their first time.

In Oregon, we can give $100 to a PAC and take a $100 tax credit on our state taxes. I give to the Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) every year. It's like taking the state's checkbook and giving it to a cause that defends my Second Amendment rights. Kevin Starrett runs the organization from Canby, Oregon and does an excellent job. I am on OFF's Alert List and we can mobilize quickly when the gun-grabbers (and there are many) in the Oregon legislature start getting frisky.

I look forward to being an active member at NorthWestFirearms.

2. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum gashog! Thanks for your service to the country and your continued service to the cause of liberty!!! :flag:Gary
  3. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

4. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

5. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. You'll find a lot of here that are quite fond of the Bill of Rights.

I give my PAC deduction money to OFF every too. I might change if a very pro-gun, pro-liberty democrat runs against one of our state's dedicated antis.