JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Love long distance target and black powder.

Am an avid deer, moose and bear hunter; am also a founding director in our regional QDMA branch.

Nice to meet you all virtually here :)

Welcome to the forum!
Nice to see another black powder shooter on here.
We have a hunting discussion section and many here also shoot long distance.... be sure to keep an eye out for those threads.
Andy

Last Edited:
It has been so long time since I have been in Ontario, as a boy my dad would take us up to Wawa and Nipigon up fishing. Spent a lot of time on the Goliath river cathing muskies and northern pike larger than a man's leg. Don't miss the black flies. Old memoroes,
Good memories.

Later in life once I joined the Navy use to transit between port Huron and Buffalo New York on the way to Groton Conn. Canada was beautiful in the fall.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum.. From the farthest Northeastern part of the continent to the Northwest, this forum brings people from all over North America... Glad to see you here.

Canada is a wonderful country. Hoping to spend some more time in British Columbia soon, but I have had a hard time getting into Canada as they don't like that I have a Concealed Handgun license. Every time I am at the border they search my car and I get the long one hour quiz on where I carry my gun and how many guns I have and why do I have a gun and did I bring guns with me,etc , etc. But, I actually find British Columbians very friendly, easy-going and many people there seem to like guns, hunting and outdoors. I've considered getting a Canadian PAL to make life easier at the border if I was to go up there more often. I may also consider renewing my passport and just flying into the country. I'm sure going through the airport is easier than the land crossing.

Welcome to the forum.. From the farthest Northeastern part of the continent to the Northwest, this forum brings people from all over North America... Glad to see you here.

Canada is a wonderful country. Hoping to spend some more time in British Columbia soon, but I have had a hard time getting into Canada as they don't like that I have a Concealed Handgun license. Every time I am at the border they search my car and I get the long one hour quiz on where I carry my gun and how many guns I have and why do I have a gun and did I bring guns with me,etc , etc. But, I actually find British Columbians very friendly, easy-going and many people there seem to like guns, hunting and outdoors. I've considered getting a Canadian PAL to make life easier at the border if I was to go up there more often.
HI, yeah we are a pretty relaxed hard working bunch for the most part ... yeah they make Gun Ownership a little onerous... i think all you need is your paper declaration and proper storage for long guns.. hand guns are a no no up here for the most part ..:(

It has been so long time since I have been in Ontario, as a boy my dad would take us up to Wawa and Nipigon up fishing. Spent a lot of time on the Goliath river cathing muskies and northern pike larger than a man's leg. Don't miss the black flies. Old memoroes,
Good memories.

Later in life once I joined the Navy use to transit between port Huron and Buffalo New York on the way to Groton Conn. Canada was beautiful in the fall.

Welcome

That's s beautiful part of the world for sure! I remember fishing for pIke at dusk. . Brutal!!! Caught a fish on every cast ... sometimes two as the bigger ones went after the smaller ones on the line! Crazy fun :)

I know!!! I am really impressed! Love it!!
I'm from the Northeast and really miss the Eastern Woods.
When I visit in the Spring, I love the smells in those woods.
Reminds me of my youth.

Here in Vancouver, WA someone years ago introduced Eastern Gray Squirrels.
The alpha female in my area has befriended me.
We've been pals for at least 6 years now.

I used to shoot 'em as kid.
Could never shoot one now.

"Rocky" (Rocket J. Squirrel)

P1000567.JPG

Welcome to the forum.
From the Boundary Waters to Ottawa, way north of Timmins to Windsor - big, beautiful province! Which part are you from?
Spent a lot of time in Quetico and Windsor myself.

Ottawa valley in Renfrew County near Eganville :)

Live on a white sand bottom lake. Love it here!

I hunt a lot on the northern edge of Ont MNR Zone 01D, in 64A and 59.

What brings you to Ontario?

Canada is a wonderful country. Hoping to spend some more time in British Columbia soon, but I have had a hard time getting into Canada as they don't like that I have a Concealed Handgun license. Every time I am at the border they search my car and I get the long one hour quiz on where I carry my gun and how many guns I have and why do I have a gun and did I bring guns with me,etc , etc. But, I actually find British Columbians very friendly, easy-going and many people there seem to like guns, hunting and outdoors. I've considered getting a Canadian PAL to make life easier at the border if I was to go up there more often. I may also consider renewing my passport and just flying into the country. I'm sure going through the airport is easier than the land crossing.

I bet an airport is a lot easier, they already know you don't have a concealed weapon for sure!!

Our Canadian Feds are increasingly making outer lives more difficult wrt to guns, that's for certain. :(

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top