JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

I just ran across this forum—wish I had found it sooner. I belong to two others, and have found them invaluable.

I'm retired, and live in Beaverton. I'm a Vietnam vet-was a door gunner on a Huey 'slick' from Sept. '65-March '67 (I extended my tour six months). I belong to the Tri-County Gun Club and shoot two or three times a week. My current guns are a scoped Ruger 10/22, the Colt Detective's Special .38+P I've carried since my law enforcement days way back when, an Arisaka Type 99 (7.7mm) I'm in the process of converting to a 'sniper/long distance' rifle, and an M1A1 .30 cal. carbine that I also shoot in 'silhouette' matchs at Tri-County. I also maintain and shoot my family's collection of firearms....a .22 GSG-5 I just bought for my brother-in-law, his Ruger 9mm, a Marlin Model 60 I just bought for my sister, a .22 revolver that my WWII Women Marines mother keeps for self defense, and a 7mm Engineers Model 1895 Chilean Mauser. I'm just getting into reloading, and picked up a few used things from my gunsmith, Roger Loock at Revelation Arms, in Aloha, but still need much more.

I'll be checking in daily to see new threads.

Later,

Max

Welcome Max, if you were in the crotch ... USMC, what Mag did you fly out of? I was a grunt, but stood guard for Mag-16 Danang for a while before going to the bush in 67. Door gunners are a hardy breed, some of those huey's came back lookin like the top of a salt shaker. :D

SWOOP...I wasn't a Marine, Army-129th AHC. Main base was at Dong ba Thin, on the mainland opposite Cam Rahn Bay, but we were assigned to units all over the 2nd Corp area. I was there before every unit had its own choppers, so we were sent to whichever outfit was involved in operations, plus medivac for any emergency. Even flew into 1st Corp area a few times when Marine choppers couldn't medivac jarheads because they were too large for the germane LZs (the choppers, not the wounded Marines). Both my folks were Marines during WWII-they met at MCAS Miramar. Dad was in 1st Marines, and on Guadalcanal, among others.

Thanks to all for the warm greetings!

Max

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews