JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I are currently in Oakland, CA and approaching retirement. I manage to get to the range every couple of weeks and handload all my ammo except rimfire, but I'm hoping that retirement will allow me to do my first competitive shooting (rimfire steel seems like it would be a blast) and maybe take up archery (I've tried and given up on compound bows - too complicated - but I'd like to try a recurve). Right now I do as much fishing as I can, so Oregon or Washington would both work out great. I have an Oregon CPL and have had the pleasure of carrying in that state.

Carry guns of choice: SP101 in a Simply Rugged chest rig for the wilderness / Glock 19 or 26 in a BladeTech Eclipse OWB for town.

Congrats on approaching escape from CA - I'd say the only thing you will miss moving to the PNW is the sun and heat but the bay area isn't exactly hot and sunny like the valley. I escaped Sacramento after 20 years - I may miss the occasional quick trip to Tahoe or motorcycle season being 10 months out of the year but I certainly don't miss the hostile political climate and ever tightening noose around the necks of gun owners. Seriously, the first year I did miss the 100 degree heat in the summer and wasn't exactly fond of having to take a jacket with me in case the sky decided to dump rain on me in mid summer. After a few years I found myself working in the yard thinking its insanely hot only to find that its a whopping 62 degrees. Wherever you land, enjoy your escape!

Oh - a few things to consider - WA does not have state income tax and OR does not have sales tax. Both have high alcohol tax (resulting in about booze being about double the price of CA)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top