JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi - I heard about this site on Calguns (CA equivalent of this site) when I was asking about OR firearm forums. I'm on Calguns, GlockTalk, Arfcom, etc under the same handle. I'm familiar with CA gun laws but know nothing about OR gun laws. I'm relocating to the Portland area in a few months and wanted to know if I had to register my guns and what's involved in the process. Also, is there a book about OR gun laws? There's one for CA titled How to Own a Gun and Stay Out of Jail as I wanted to become familiar with the laws prior to completing my move. Thanks for any help.

Welcome to Orygun, you Californicator you. (from one to another)....

Glad to get out of the nasty-ness I am sure. But, welcome to the liberal utopia of Portland. Don't worry, there are those of us conservatives who can help you get around without losing too many tail feathers (so to speak).

Sod

Oh, man, are you ever moving from purgatory to Gun Heaven. The wife and I have had concealed-carry permits for 2+ years now, and I just got a tax stamp for a .22 suppressor a couple months ago. Life is good - and fun.

Turns out lots of my neighbors came from CA like I did, some of them decades ago. Everybody shoots, most of them hunt and fish, and they're all just regular folks. It sure is nice to live in a place where being a competitive bubblegum isn't the highest aspiration of humankind.

So my unsolicited advice is, slow down and say howya doin to the guys that pump your gas.

Welcome from a native Oregonian.

Yeah, our firearm laws are much more liberal and sane than our neighbor to the South. We are a shall issue state for CHLs. We don't have an idiotic assault weapon ban or magazine capacity limits. You don't need a stinking spreadsheet to figure out if a guns legal. If it's legal federally, it's legal here so NFA weapons aren't banned here.

Just don't pump your own gas or look too surprised when you aren't charged sales tax.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top