JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys! Some of you may remember me under the account name "Freshman". I operated a small Type 1 FFL out of my apartment in Forest Grove from 2015-2019. A lot has changed since then. I lost my license when I moved in with my girlfriend at the time (wife as of this past Saturday!). We bought a house in Vernonia, and I started down the path of opening my own home based business again. I now have a humble machine shop (Vernonia Machine Works) with a new Type 1 Class 3 FFL (AME Firearms). Two different business names at the moment. This will likely change once I get myself more established, and potentially when I acquire an 07/02.

Some of you guys may have seen me at a Trash No Land clean-up or two. I have bought and sold guns to a number of you as well. Lately I have mostly just been lurking. I hope to start becoming more active again as the business picks up. I currently have a small inventory that might start getting posted in some of the classifieds. I also offer a number of gunsmithing related services, including but not limited to barrel threading (no metric threads at the moment), certain optics cuts, pin & weld, and parts kit assembly. I have attached a few photos of some of my projects as well as my beloved machines. The BM-59 was a parts kit build with a converted Springfield drill rifle receiver. The muzzle brake on the bull barrel AR-15 was machined to self-time as well as match the diameter of the barrel. The M1A had its GI stock bedded and a bipod stud added. The FAL was a CAI Sporter that was converted to a Para config, and while I was at it I chopped and threaded the barrel 9/16-24 RH to accept a 5/8-24 thread adapter. The S&W .460 I replaced the barrel, shroud, and a number of smaller parts after the previous owner ruptured the barrel. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out via PM.

Thanks!

20230911_025607.jpg 20230720_144409.jpg 20230821_070136.jpg 20210508_042447.jpg 20210511_132333.jpg 20230821_070357.jpg 20210522_070037.jpg 20230723_115503.jpg 20230723_111424.jpg

Last Edited:
Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Yes sir. I have been going to clean ups for several years now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top