JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently bought a Thompson Encore with a 45/70 barrel and a 375 H&H mag barrel. I went out to the gun range last night and the scope on the 375 lasted 12 shots before falling apart inside, the scope on the 45/70 made it 8 shots before the reticle fell apart inside. These were new low end simmons "8 point" scopes that came with the rifle. Anyone have any ideas on a good scope for heavy recoil? I have a cople Lupold scopes i could put on the barrels, but Id hate to blow them up too. ones a 4x and the other is a 2x7. anyone have any suggestions? Im kinda partial to Burris scopes, but open to any good optic.

Leupold. Without a doubt.

You should hear the testing machines they have in their manufacturing department, banging away at test scopes all day and all night.

Overall, I'd recommend calling them, and asking them how their testing relates to real setups and what they have seen. You won't have to wait if you call early, betweem probably 7:30AM PST-4:30PM PST.

From their website..
* LEUPOLD PRODUCT SERVICE - U.S.A.
Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
Beaverton, OR 97006-5790
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
P.O. box 688
Beaverton, OR 97075-0688

Tel: 1-800-LEUPOLD or (503) 526-1400
Fax: (503) 352-7621
E-mail: [email protected]

+1 for Leupold. Not only are they unlikely to "blow up", if anything like that happens Leupold will fix them for free! You don't have to be the one that bought it new for it to be covered either. Just last year I had a '60s vintage 3-9x40 that had belonged to my father-in-law and had seen rough use repaired. No questions asked. Well, they did ask what was wrong, but that was it. They would have even paid to ship it back to me.

I recently bought a Thompson Encore with a 45/70 barrel and a 375 H&H mag barrel. I went out to the gun range last night and the scope on the 375 lasted 12 shots before falling apart inside, the scope on the 45/70 made it 8 shots before the reticle fell apart inside. These were new low end simmons "8 point" scopes that came with the rifle. Anyone have any ideas on a good scope for heavy recoil? I have a cople Lupold scopes i could put on the barrels, but Id hate to blow them up too. ones a 4x and the other is a 2x7. anyone have any suggestions? Im kinda partial to Burris scopes, but open to any good optic.

i have a burris scope on my tc and have never had a failure in the 12 years i have had it. Based on a .44 mag right now, but has traveled between dif calibers. they also have a life time warrenty.
Kyle

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads