JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heard someone mention flooding in the Pearl District - had to see it for myself:

9407032_G.jpg

Based on getting more rainfall this month than we have in a while, sounds like issues are coming up all over the area. These are images from around the PDX/Metro area today:

9407028_G.jpg

9407031_G.jpg

9407034_G.jpg

9407284_G.jpg

Just curious - any of you folks out there experiencing any problems??

As the guys over in Preparedness and Survival would say -

So what.

This is practice - you should already be able to deal with a bit of rain.

If not, maybe you need to be reading that Forum.
Unclench and relax just a little bit. Breath in, let the fresh air in and then exhale slowly. A few more deep breaths now. It'll be OK. And next time, remember that you're supposed to take the grumpy gramps pill in the evenings just before bed, not during the day! :D

Last Edited:
As the guys over in Preparedness and Survival would say -

So what.

This is practice - you should already be able to deal with a bit of rain.

If not, maybe you need to be reading that Forum.

??? I don't think anyone here is in a panic over the rain. I just posted it here as a curiosity since we don't see this type of flooding very often. No need to panic or prep was intended or implied ;)

Tri Met, on the other hand, was apparently suggesting to folks earlier today that they may want to consider leaving work early. I think that was before the Max orange line went down o_O

I guess 84 is flooding west of Troutdale.

I guess a couple of cars got swept away a couple weeks ago (a week apart from each other) at Meldrum Bar Park.. parked out on the bar. One guy died.
I was out there the other day and sure enough, cars parked way out there and with water hubcap high that they had to cross through on the way out.

A lot of localized flooding out here where we live, near Barton/Carver, large water pools on roads, and Foster Creek has almost breached our culverts. Noticed a few house's near that the creek has flooded out roads to houses. Lots of rain in a short amount of time, with the ground still so dry from 2 extra dry summers, and mostly clay under 3' of dirt in this area, not a great combination.

We have a loading dock at work that is now being used as a parking lot. The drain plugged up and flooded up to 3' deep at the deepest spot, totalling out a bunch of low profile cars and even damaged a lifted jeep. And there's still a few more days of rain yet to come!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top