JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We live just off the confluence of Gales Creek and the Tualatin River. Been here for 30 years. Been through a lot of floods, 1996 and 2007. This rain event just dropped a lot of rain in a short period of time. This is not really much of an event even with the rain coming tonight.

As for some for the flooding, just go ahead and keep paving over permeable surfaces and collect that water in storm drains and try to move it to the drainage areas with out increasing volume and velocity. The 1996 flood and 07 were completely unpredictable since all the computer models have no way to predict how the storm drainage will behave. That was the reason downtown Tualatin flooded so bad. Water in that drainage has to move from the West Hills to the Tualain River to the Willamette. Now how are you going to do that without planned control of flow and velocity ?? Not happening.

Flooding in the lower Tualatin drainage has not even crested from yesterdays event. It takes almost 4 days for the crest at Dilley, which is a false crest since you have multiple creeks flowing in after that and to reach the gauge at Farmington.

There is the usual bunch of moronic idiots who go around road closed signs and stall out their cars, and then the fire guys have to go rescue their azzes. " But, but I though we could get through the water, the road closed sign does not mean us ".

About 3 hours ago there uses to be a road in front of my house image.jpeg

Tonight there were 2 slides in north Kalama off Kalama River Road, all I-5 exits starting with the north Woodland (dike access road) exit are/were closed until you get to longview - 2 lanes of I5 north just past the woodland dike access road were closed from a slide - supposedly now open again. Woodland Walmart had some flooding as well as most of downtown Kalama. A friend's business had about a foot of water in it as well as the police station, city hall, fire station, post office, and gas station. Not sure if any of the businesses made it through without some flooding. There has been a notice to not wade in the water down there as apparently raw sewage has been introduced to the flood waters. No mention of how has been stated, best guess is the sewer lines are overflowing to the storm drains.
There has also been notices that parts of Kelso and Longview have flooding - the old highway 99 road just east of I5 had sewer water gushing up through the man hole covers in front of the Canteburry hotel.

217 through Beaverton was closed, both directions, due to flooding, during rush hour! I saw the small street in front of our house turn into a parking lot for an hour or so. It would have been amusing to sit by the window with a beer and smile at the drivers if it weren't for the fact that my wife was trying to get home herself...
Watch vids of folks on the MAX get foot soaked in downtown:
<broken link removed>

No flooding where we live but lightning hit a tree outside our bedroom window this morning and scared the living bejesus out of us.

House is fine, blew the redwood all to pieces. Lost about 30 feet off the top.
Sounded like a bomb went off inside the house.
Dog is still a little spooked. Can't find the cat, she bailed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top