Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Heavy Barreled .22lr Bolt action

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by speelyei, Jun 3, 2009.

1. speelyei

speelyei Willamette Valley Active Member

Actually, I am looking for a factory 10/22 receiver and trigger group. Sorry for the misleading thread title.

2. shibbershabber

shibbershabber Vancouver Well-Known Member

3. speelyei

it's a very nice rifle!

not quite what I am looking for though. thanks!

4. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

Hmm... Heavy barrel, bolt action, forward bi pod mount, wood or synthetic stock with the "wider" look sort of like a Remmy 700?

I have had my ears to the ground for months looking for the perfect one and yet to come across it. It seems that there are so many out there with two of the requirements but not all three!

We both know we can just build one; but for me, the hunt is sort of fun as well...

Welcome to the perfect plinker race :thumbup:

5. kevlar

kevlar Mt.Angel Active Member

Cz cz cz
    Let me say it again
    CZ
    Ceska zbrovjka
    Über über nice
    Bolt action very nice walnut crisp clean trigger
    Cannot find better
    Cz 452 American is what I've got it's killed me many tasty treats

6. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

I love the word "Uber"!!! I strongly believe that it should be registered or an official amount of measurement, and the first country to do so, I will diffidently move there!

We as an on line community should create a chart or scale for use, maybe under NWFA Resources and with this scale and Uber should be placed at around 8 or 9, leaving 10 for a much stronger word...

Monitors and Moderators, unite, discus and lets move forward with this... I think we need this!

I know that it is hard to read peoples true intentions when writing on line, but I am being truthful and not rude at all... Uber is just plain cool and on a side note, I will diffidently look up the CZ. I am into mostly military firearms and new in the plinker's, just looking for something for the wife that I would not lose points for owning :thumbup:

7. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter

PM sent

8. speelyei

I clarified my post a little bit.

I am looking to build a .22 trainer with a bull barrel. I can't find powder or primers to load for my .308 or .223, and I can't afford to shoot them as much as I'd like. I'd like to build a quasi-tactical rifle with a similiar length of pull, weight, etc to my centerfire rifles.

Ideally, I would just buy a Ruger 77-22, CZ, or even a Savage Bull-barreled .22lr, but I don't have an unlimited budget (Ruger 77-22, CZ), and I am hesitant to modify a brand spanking new rifle (Savage).

A 10/22 is not my first choice, but the availability of used parts, and strong aftermarket supply, makes it the sane choice. Plus, I am pretty familiar with these little rifles and could do all the modifications myself.

So I guess what I am really looking for is a factory 10/22 receiver and trigger group. Hmmm, I should change the title of the post.