JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My 5th grade grandson brought home a HCI "gun safety" sheet that I was supposed to sign saying I would keep all my guns unloaded and locked up among other things as well as only presenting their side of the gun debate.

I refused to sign it

What would you do next?

Should I ask if the school district has any certified gun safety instructors?
Offer to contact the NRA and see if I can set up an Eddie Eagle presentation?
File a complaint with the school district?
File a complaint with the state?

I would definitly talk to the school principle about trying to level the conversation. also I would contact the local paper se if you could get some public scrutiny on it

I would definitly talk to the school principle about trying to level the conversation. also I would contact the local paper se if you could get some public scrutiny on it

The Columbian is practicing "Yellow Journalism" with regard to gun issues, they won't report on things like an Open Carry day in Ester Short park, two blocks from their building and left out part of Bloombergs illegal sting in Arizona so how far do you think I'd get with them?

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Was this VSD or Evergreen?

VSD, Felida Elementary in a 5th grade class. I made the mistake of not making a copy before my grandson took it back.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

All the above plus call a 2A lawyer and see what he thinks.

I've contacted the NRA and am waiting for a reply now.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I went to the VSD site and see that they do allow distribution of outside literature if it's approved. Want to bet that NO NRA backed info would be approved?

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

What prompted the school to send this junk out anyway?

No idea, but regular homework was printed on the back so either HCI (or it's local supporters) paid for the printing of homework (legal) or the school district paid for printing HCI junk (NOT legal) . Need to dig a little deeper, but I'm at work till midnight and won't see Jacob till in the morning.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

You should have drawn a bullseye on it, shot a nice group and sent it back.

Good idea but he didn't show it to me till 7:20 am and he needed to leave at 7:30 am so no time. Normal situation, leaves stuff till the last minute than can't understand why we can't do it in time!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I am not a 'paranoid' type but returning it, regardless of your response, definitely puts you in the 'Confirmed Gun Owner' stack. Just a thought.

Does not matter if you try to hide the fact you own guns, Buy a hunting license, buy ammo on a card-debit/credit, or gun parts they know you have guns, no point trying to hide that stuff.

I hope this is pursued, as this is a blatant misuse of a public school document. Let us hear more on what is happening. Spad

I intend to, just collecting info at present. Need to get the papers back from the school though. Sure wish I had thought to make a copy before it went back. The teacher usually returns the assignments in a few days. We'll see.

On edit: found out tonight that he still has the papers at school, I asked him to bring them home Monday. Still no answer from the NRA even though I've sent three messages to them

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I intend to, just collecting info at present. Need to get the papers back from the school though. Sure wish I had thought to make a copy before it went back. The teacher usually returns the assignments in a few days. We'll see.

On edit: found out tonight that he still has the papers at school, I asked him to bring them home Monday. Still no answer from the NRA even though I've sent three messages to them

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

If you don't mind could you copy and post it, minus any personal information of you or your kids of course.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top