JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hawktech Arms in Meridian, ID sponsors a yearly weekend of "Outlaw", USPSA-like matches, Saturday for 1911s and Sunday for PCC, at the Parma Rod and Gun Club. This is normally held in May, but moved to this past weekend. The Sunday PCC match uses the same setups as Saturday. The Sunday PCC match was the most fun I've ever had with a gun in my hands and while I shot just fine my score was hampered by not having watched a video of how to shoot a spinner - there were 8 or nine of these things; I should have taken Hawktech's owner up on his offer to lend me a spinner:). Scoring was strictly hits or misses: 2 shots on paper, 2 hits on static steel and knockdown steel; I think there was one stage where a 30 round mag would have been enough and that if you passed on the spinner. I heard that some 1911 guys, limited to 8 rounds whether 45 or 9mm, carried 11 mags.

Our final stage was design my a sadist. At the end of a long, relatively hot day I found myself in a mini-maze of four foot deep trenches; run to the end of one trench and engage anywhere from 1 to 5 paper targets, peer over the edge of the trench and knock down some steel, beat feet out of the trench without breaking the 180, hang a right, hang a right and down the next trench. Longest shot was 100 yards at a steel torso. One of the stages must have had 12 paper targets every 5 yards or so on alternate sides of a pretty steel uphill run in addition to a bunch of steel.

If you like shooting 1911s and/or PCCs it's worth the trip. If you camp or RV there is space available at the range.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top