Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Have some M1A questions, could use some help please

Reactions
So are USGI parts available today to build on a forged recv’r yourself?
Things have sure changed since I built mine in 1999.
I don’t recognize many of the companies today.
Smith Enterprise and LRB are still building M14s with hard to find GI parts. The timing was never right for me to buy one of their receivers back then, so I ended up having Smith Enterprise build what I wanted on forged heel stamped Poly Tech receivers that I supplied... Best damn M14s I've ever owned.

Reactions: GOG

turq

Reactions
LRB was just starting into production when I was finishing mine.
Smith Entpr. had a carry handle AR15 scope mount that works nice to this day, all steel.

Reactions
7012032F-6803-4F30-BB01-A6A4F7D7B24E.jpeg
ACE69603-F0EA-42F8-8D0A-C5FB423C43D3.jpeg
3FB1CED2-4BBA-492C-BA2C-D73D723502E7.jpeg
454DFA84-0C8B-4EE0-90E8-6975974A9772.jpeg

My near new Springfield Armory M1A Scout Squad with USGI handguard & walnut stock. My new Bula forged receiver build w/ NM barrel & all like new H&R parts and wood. I’m putting a Smith Enterprises suppressor on my new M1A Standard Walnut that is coming in on Monday. They are on sale for $1200 with free shipping at Palmetto State Armory.

Last edited:
OP
GOG

GOG

Reactions
I saw the Palmetto deal and it's a great deal, but the Scout fits my needs perfectly.

Speaking of M1A's, I just ordered one from Bud's today. They have Scouts for $1199. in the synthetic distressed flag stocks. I don't care for the look, but it's coming off anyway.

I ordered a used M14 walnut stock including all the stock metal but the front ferrule for around seventy-two bucks from Numrich. I'll refinish it and stick the flag stock, handguard & rail in the box.
I also ordered a new full length GI handguard which will get rattle canned black. I've just never cared for the way the brown looks with the walnut.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent
  • All That Glitters - Milwaukie
    5.00 star(s)
    Whenever I am in the area, I like to drop in to see what they have. Not a super big store, but...
    • trekkerpaul