JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you don't have a lot of bullets to pull (I never do really - a few now and then) a pair of pliers with the shallow, 'half moon' radiuses' in the flat forward ends works well.

This needs a press such as a SS or a turret that allows access to the threaded die mount.

Remove the die and run the round up into the die opening and grab the bullet with the radiused portions of the tip and get a good grip on the bullet with the pliers flat on the top of the die opening give the handle a quick press up. If you got a good grip on the bullet it will pull free and often with very few scratches or marks ready to load again!

Fine 'knurling' in the openings of the 'Grip-N-Pull' device would eliminate the slipping bullet problems.

IMG_2581[1].JPG

He is both funny and informative.
Gems from this one, "...not to be confused with 'Rub-n-Tug'...." and "...basically they all suck...."
328 videos on his Patreon site and, unlike others, it is all accessible for free. Shannon will accept donations but doesn't make it a requirement for access.

:)

I modified some old pliers with a end mill bit.
16474630835493380942068081675504.jpg works just fine.

I have these, and to be honest, they're difficult to work with. They require a tremendous amount of grip strength to hold onto the bullet, and there's no way to use both hands to grip with because your free hand needs to lower the ram. I regret buying them.

That design seems to be based on a flaring clamp, but with a hinge. Which is what I use, but without the hinge. A little less convenient having to twist the wingnuts, but this is such a rare event that doesn't much matter. Besides, the flaring clamp was only something like $5 to $7 bucks or so at the auto store and actually works quite well without much if any surface scratching of the bullet.
1647537956626.png

I had need to pull 20 bullets from a box of PPU 7.62x51. I had the though that the powder weights were not the same from round to round. those dang bullets had some kind of a tar substance gluing them in such that I thought I was going to mess up the borrowed RCBS collet puller. The little spendy tool might have puled them, but it would have ruined them for sure.

I dont have much of a need to pull many but I have a plastic bin that all the "oops" loads go in, someday maybe I'll take the time to pull them. Very rarely pull any so a hammer works fine I just have a scrap piece of 4x4 for the bench. I do have a RCBS collet but not that many collets I got it in a trade or buy at some point. Maybe buy or make one like the grip n pull if I get bored sometime, some heater hose on the handles would probably help with the grip.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top