JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So far I'm liking the Plano All Weather rifle case. It has latches on the ends as well and locks. Currently $73 at Walmart but if you wait, sometimes they go on sale for $60 or less. Bought a couple that I have to pluck foam to shape still but they appear pretty rugged. Just another option.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-All-Weather-Single-Rifle-Case-Black/20893846

I haven't checked out these Apache cases but I'll have a look next time I'm at HF. I wonder if the 20% coupon works with them.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: These look bigger than the Plano. This Apache has wheels too. Looks like it uses a coupon for the price so an additional coupon probably won't work.

Last Edited:
let's talk actual material/spec out case as well as the foam stuff;

I've have plenty of the cheap kind, that almost did good enough job;

certainly 'Plano' for example is not on a par with even the Apache cases, given a 3 or 6:1 price difference. If we can not agree there is considerable materials differences between a $300 Pelican & a $39 Plano, there's no wonder disagreement on many issues of note in today's news cycle

I got a Plano at Sportsmans last summer on sale for around $34 that serves the (limited) purpose well enough. The gripper latches have been very improved since my last look at them about 10 years ago.

The old rolling SKS double rifle hard case was a good deal when you could find them on sale at under $125 but haven't seen any lately.

I am going to look at the Apache brand. Is there a $150 difference between them & Pelican???

I have no affiliation with Harbor Freight. The best deals on the multiple sizes of the Apache cases seems to be to get on their email list, and wait until the coupon arrives in your email.

I've got the rifle case and love it. Was able to use a 20% off coupon on it too. So far it's a great case for the money. I'm not gonna torture it nor probably ever fly it anywhere, and frankly can't justify $279 on a pelican. So far I'd say it's better than any of the cheap Plano or other similar cheap cases by far for only a bit more coin. Also have the next size down for a few of my handguns. Both are solid performers.

I stopped by HF today and had a look at one. I have several of the all weather Planos, which are a better option than their standard cases, however this Apache case is stouter than even the higher end Planos. I watched a few comparisons of the Apache vs the Pelicans and I think Pelicans are the better option of the two. But if you're looking for a solid storage option, the Apache looks like a well put together case. Next time I need a solid rifle case, this will likely be what I end up with. Thanks again for the heads up on the deal.

@41mag have a peek at this video.

Harbor Freight Apache 1800 vs Pelican 1150 Case Extreme Durability Test, Water Test, Updated Review

I own several of both, Pelican and HF Apache.

Obviously spent the money first yrs. ago on the Pelicans. Apache's came out last year and seem every bit as good to me. I have one (or several) of each size they make except the rifle case. The large Pelican I have for that is good enough not to need another, but agree the $110 price is excellent.

Thanks for the heads up. Bought two this afternoon. Let me tell you they're pretty beefy. Feel like 20lbs each. I doubt the plastic is as good as a pelican but I doubt I'll be drop kicking them for running them over any time soon, either

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top