JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Back in the day, Circa 94-95, I worked for Stream. They had support contract for Berkeley After Dark
https://www.screensaversplanet.com/screensavers/after-dark-flying-toasters-1153/

From that contract I went on to support Windows 95 at release. I didn't have the beta support.

Netscape was also in the building.

We all had heard the rumors that "Windows isn't done, until Netscape wont' run."

Damn, that's close to 30 years ago.

My favorite was the euphemisms for masterbation:
beat meat, spank monkey etc.

I didn't get the call, buy my co-worker Greg did. (Not a forgettable guy.) When Simpsons Screen Saver was released, someone videoed the whole thing until it repeated. On the box it said "All the Simpson's Characters" Apparently, not. A couple were missing. I'm pretty sure he got the purchase price refunded.

Last Edited:
That sucks. I still use IE. Did you notice how modern browsers download images as .webm now instead of jpg, png, gif etc.? Google is apparently trying to force their format on everyone. Older browsers don't support webm so they download the image in its original format. Now I'm going to have to hack some other browser to force that behavior. Or work out how to keep IE working.

Or work out how to keep IE working.
Microsoft's Edge can work in IE Mode

"Customers are encouraged to move to Microsoft Edge with IE mode. IE mode enables backward compatibility and will be supported through at least 2029," Redmond added.

"To enable IE mode in Edge, you must go to edge://settings/defaultbrowser, toggle on 'Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer,' and restart the web browser.

Last Edited:
Microsoft's Edge can work in IE Mode

"Customers are encouraged to move to Microsoft Edge with IE mode. IE mode enables backward compatibility and will be supported through at least 2029," Redmond added.

"To enable IE mode in Edge, you must go to edge://settings/defaultbrowser, toggle on 'Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer,' and restart the web browser.
Thanks!

Hmm, not finding it in settings, but I have an update pending. Guess I'll clear out my open windows and reboot tonight.

@Flopsweat
Seems like it is more complicated than the news site lead us to believe.

Thanks!

Ah, gpedit. I just enabled "Hide Internet Explorer 11 retirement notification" and disabled "Disable Internet Explorer as a standalone browser" so we'll see how that goes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top