JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dear All - since I am at least eight hours ahead of any of you in the PNW, a place we love right well, let me be the first from over here to wish you, one and all, a very

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Safety and success in all your ventures in 2009, and may the Great Spirit guard us all, and bring our boys and girls safe home again.

tac, mrs tac and ig, the New Year Vulture :D

PS - next year, like last, on Cannon Beach - I'll drink to that.

Dear All - since I am at least eight hours ahead of any of you in the PNW, a place we love right well, let me be the first from over here to wish you, one and all, a very

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Safety and success in all your ventures in 2009, and may the Great Spirit guard us all, and bring our boys and girls safe home again.

tac, mrs tac and ig, the New Year Vulture :D

PS - next year, like last, on Cannon Beach - I'll drink to that.

Happy New Year All!! :D:D

Also, Tac... I've been curious, do you have a vulture?

:)

Happy New Year All!! :D:D

Also, Tac... I've been curious, do you have a vulture?

:)

Mornin', Jenny C - and a very Happy New Year to you from over here.

My family have had a long and useful association with big birds for many years.

We either eat them - chicken, turkey and so on - or nurture them - Ringo the griffon vulture and his pal Lemmy are but two in a long line of big ugly birdies.

The latest and last was Norman, a turkey buzzard [over here where they don't know any better they call them vultures, poor souls].

Sadly, he died, aged about twelve, while I was away at work in Tokyo at the beginning of last month.

For the last twenty-something years we have adopted a vulture or similar large and expensive-to-feed raptor, and take great interest in its life and care for as long as it lives, at the Raptor Foundation here in Cambridgeshire, England. The place was the brainchild of a friend of ours, a senior engineering officer in the Royal Air Force who stepped off the wing of a Tornado jet fighter onto a platform that wasn't there, broke his back and ended up paraplegic. He used some of the compensation to set up the foundation about twenty years ago. He has now left to live in the USA, where he teaches disabled people to fly helicopters. His former wife, Liz, is now the boss, and we support her and the foundation with donations and publicity at our railway open days.

My own personal vulture, ig, is stuffed, but is nevertheless my constant companion, as anyone who has shot with me the USA will vouch for. As well as my mascot, he is my reminder that the best perceived wisdom often comes from somebody who keep his beak shut, so my new year resolution is to ensure that in future I'll follow his example as best as I am able.

If you care to PM me with an address, I'll send you pics of my few guns [and ig, and his crow pals who are also club members here].

Like they say, you don't have to be mad, but it sure helps.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads