JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, after hefting the Lyman Trade Rifle around a bit, I feel it may be a bit much with my disability to lug around in the field. May just keep it for range fun. So, with that being said, I picked up this in great condition, T/C New Englander in .50cal. It is the perfect weight, length and size! Absolutely fun to shoulder as it comes right up and on target with little thought. Going to keep the real powder for the other ML's but, this one I'm going to use Triple 7FFG and T/C Maxi Hunter or Maxi Ball. Maybe the GP 385gr ones. Going to be a fun day shooting figuring out what load and bullet combo works out! :D

thumbnail_IMG_0898.jpg

Just a little something to make her mine. Didn't go all crazy and thought this was just tasteful enough.

thumbnail_IMG_0899.jpg

Those are really fun.
I built one from a quality "kit" a number of years ago.
Was just shooting the round balls and had fun figuring out the load and patch thickness combination relative to the ball.
Then figured out what change in the loads would affect a relative change in the trajectory. Probably had more fun shooting that than any other rifle. It was a 50 cal as well, same style. Once (and only once) made the mistake of ramming a ball down, minus any powder...oops.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top