JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Kristopher Kam

Kimber is a well known name in the biz. They used to be a top notch 1911 producer, though I hear they aren't what they used to be. My Springfield never gave me any problems. My Kimber actually did... I ended up selling it.

Any manufacturer can have issues; it's just that certain ones have a better reputation than others.

The links I sent you to Palmetto are good until at least their "Easter deal" goes away. If you're gonna jump on a Rock Island 1911 (whether in 45 ACP or 9mm), that's a good opportunity IMO.

@Kristopher Kam

Kimber is a well known name in the biz. They used to be a top notch 1911 producer, though I hear they aren't what they used to be. My Springfield never gave me any problems. My Kimber actually did... I ended up selling it.

Any manufacturer can have issues; it's just that certain ones have a better reputation than others.

The links I sent you to Palmetto are good until at least their "Easter deal" goes away. If you're gonna jump on a Rock Island 1911 (whether in 45 ACP or 9mm), that's a good opportunity IMO.
$449.99 looks good. And I'm assuming I can change out the wood grips..

I just dug into some stories and see that some models will handle certain brands of ammo better or certain gr ammo just fine then jam with different ammo. I didn't realize there could be a break-in period but it makes sense.

I put in new doorknobs and lock cylinders here.. had a few that were sticking for no reason. Started swapping the lock cylinders into different identifical doorknobs and suddenly none stick... The marvels of mass-produced components :)

Last Edited:
How about this? $400, pick up by April 26th (Sportsman's Warehouse, Kelso):

I think I'm settling on a G41

I think I'm settling on a G41. Starting to look for one.

I think I'm settling on a G41. Starting to look for one.
"Blocks" are not my taste but can't argue with the results. Super popular and highly modifiable for future changes. I'm sure you'll be happy with your selection but the Block guys can chime in on this choice as I have zero experience with them. Good luck with your search!

"Blocks" are not my taste but can't argue with the results. Super popular and highly modifiable for future changes. I'm sure you'll be happy with your selection but the Block guys can chime in on this choice as I have zero experience with them. Good luck with your search!
The modifiable aspect is what's drawing me.

Glock 41 WANTED.

Last Edited:
I've got a Springfield XDs 3.3 .45 I'm willing to part with. Bought it new, was my EDC for about 6 months. 40, maybe 50 rounds through it.
3, 6rd mags
2, 7rd mags
1, 5rd mag
Talon grip
Comes with original case with smaller backstrap and mag spacers. Let me know if its something you're interested in.

XDS1.jpg XDs2.jpg

The 41 is a good choice. The slide is the same width as a G34, rather than a G21. It makes the gun "feel" slimmer, if only by optical illusion. My only 45 that isn't a 1911 is an M&P45c 2.0. Though its 10+1 vs 13+1 of the G21/41, it is the same dimensions as the M&P9/40 for the most part. Fits the same holsters.

494F153E-A886-4625-A964-1B04778157CC.jpeg

Honestly I love 1911 of all sorts but with the ridiculous mag law that a federal judge should have enacted an injunction based on what Supreme Court has said… I suggest getting a Glock 30s… compact… lightweight and 10 rounds of 45 standard

In regards to the 1911 design...

One can get a pistol that is all tricked out or one that is bare bones so to speak....
As well as anything in between.

I would suggest getting a bare bones basic model.
Shoot it a lot as is...then get the extras for it.
That way you can get the additions that you want and actually use , and not what someone else likes or thinks that you will use.
Andy
I agree, it also allows you to purchase something cheaper to see if you even like 45's. I have 5- 1911's that I have never been loaded or fired. My carry is an HK45C. Very dependable (it has been in the mud, dirt, snow, rain, etc. My weapons are always cleaned when I come from the range so it's always ready to go.
Good luck, with your search.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.