JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my load developments I decided to buy a cheap 380acp and see what I can do with/for it. Got a Tangfolio Titan II. I shot a box of the cheapest WalMart ammo just to see what it was all about and it made a frying pan sized group. I made a couple loads with different powders and then made a third load with the powder the pistol seemed to "like" better. Now I've got a 380 that shoots a 2" group at 10 paces. I guess that's the one I'll be making now.

It is all a matter of "ballistic mechanics" a firearm works best with some propellant/projectile combinations. With others... not so well.

It is all a matter of physics.

Keep us 10 mm guys in mind! We need more options for really good S.D. stuff with out the Uber expense! A 160'ish and 180 gr to start, a good hot 200 jhp would be perfect, and I will be looking at some serious purchasing! As always, good practice loads with snappy performance would do very well for you!

Keep us 10 mm guys in mind! We need more options for really good S.D. stuff with out the Uber expense! A 160'ish and 180 gr to start, a good hot 200 jhp would be perfect, and I will be looking at some serious purchasing! As always, good practice loads with snappy performance would do very well for you!

I own 5 (five) 10mm Auto handguns. (Four pistols and one revolver). Does that count?

Right there with ya Capt! 9 10 mm and counting! I want the hottest 220gr jacketed I can get for a 6 in barrel, and I am looking for 1400 fps out of a 5 in barrel with a 180 gr JHP! I want Speed:):):)

Right there with ya Capt! 9 10 mm and counting! I want the hottest 220gr jacketed I can get for a 6 in barrel, and I am looking for 1400 fps out of a 5 in barrel with a 180 gr JHP! I want Speed:):):)

Remember: (a) Shot placement is King, (b) penetration is Queen... everything else is "angels dancing on the heads of pins".

Last Edited:
I lives in REALLY BIG BEAR country, I really need a hot 220 that can really reach deep and yank out stuff! For the lessor predators a stout 200 on the four legged kind and a 180 on the two legged kind should about do it! I do load for the 10, but with every thing else on my loading bench, this one always gets pushed back!

I do make a 10mm load that hits hard and is very accurate out of a Glock 40 MOS with a Lone Wolf barrel. It's a 180gr hardcast truncated cone at 1300fps. Part of my business will be custom loads, that being said from a liability stand point all my loadings need to stay "in the book".

It is all a matter of "ballistic mechanics" a firearm works best with some propellant/projectile combinations. With others... not so well.

It is all a matter of physics.

Exactly right and is how I'm approaching ammunition manufacturing. I'm making my ammo the best it can be.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top