JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I grill up a 1/2 patty of young venison mixed with pork fat. A slice of Tillamook medium cheddar cheese on the patty, top with a fried egg and two strips of thick cut bacon. Lettuce tomato and red onion. All combined on a toasted torta roll with the appropriate sauces. Some crinkle cut fries and a tall glass of Arnold Palmer.

I had testicular cancer. I said no to the radiation. So now I get a CT scan with contrast injected. Every four-six months. They also draw blood and look for tumor markers.

They just want to see if my cancer spread. But it's been 5 years and so far it hasn't. So I'm gona be fine.
I like to tell people ''I have Cancer light''.

I will say. Siting in waiting rooms to see all these cancer Doctors. And going through surgery in the hospital. I've met and talked with quite a few truly amazing. But very sick people.

It's tuff to watch them fight.
And when you see a child fighting cancer. You wish you could take it on for them.

Keep on fighting. You got no choice. I am a firm believer in POSITIVE ATTITUDE.
When it comes to sick kids there is nothing to say............
My son has some medical issues and it just amazes me how he just deals with as compared to a lot adults I have encountered who would spend a lot of time whining about it..........
Sure makes it easier for me to deal with adversity with him as a role model.
I got hurt on the job 6 years ago and have a state permanent partial disability and am now an amputee because of it.... Big deal, get up and go. You got no choice. Might make some things harder but it doesn't really matter. Tough crap. deal with it is my motto.
Just like the fight against the commies trying to take our 2A rights away...
I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!

"Hamburgers" Quite simply, the perfect food. You've got your protein, you're vegetables, your starch....and fiber if you use a 100% whole wheat bun! Maybe a bit more carbs than you should have with those fries, tots, chips, tater/macaroni salad. I have a combo meal sometimes before working, 8:30-9:00 am or so and I have energy for the next six hours because of those extra carbs. Not great burgers necessarily, Jack, King, Carl's, etc. but even a weak burger/fries as long as it's hot and fresh doesn't suck? "Hamburgers" are a truly "All American" food too.
<broken link removed>

If the doc said "Mike, you need to stop eating those burgers and fries, they're going to kill you eventually" Well, I'd probably keep eating burgers, and start prepping, hoping, that it would be a quick and relatively painless end.

I don't believe in gobbing up a burger with too much stuff. It pees me off if a burger destructs before I'm half way into it! Beef patty must be more than 7% fat, gotta get a little smoke coming up to flavor the patty, brown the patty if pan frying. That stuffed patty is a good thing too. Used to be a place in Bountiful, Utah we'd go for lunch called "Yankee Lunch" that stuffed their patties with onions and cheese. Good stuff that was! A little seasoning of choice while cooking for me. Ham OR bacon, not both, two kind of cheese is okay, never cheese sauce like substance. No egg for me, love eggs cooked most ways, not on a burger though. I don't want BB-Que sauce either. My burger always has ketchup, sometimes thousand island/"Special Sauce" have ketchup in them usually. Mustard, (varied types) maybe. Top bun with mayo, and just a bit of relish (varied types). Pickle, lettuce, onion. It doesn't have to be "Dill", could be sweet or bread & butter, as long as there's pickle. Caramelized onions are a good change-up sometimes too.

I've moved away from the 1/2 pound on a big bun types of hamburgers and now do two smaller, slider types, and make two burgers. Eat one at dinner, and put the other in the nukrowave for breakfast.

I remember laying on my grandma's sofa watching Popeye cartoons, I was soooo with Wimpy.

Now, should I stop by Jack in the Box, or get the makings for potato salad and burgers for dinner tonight? Could do both, I've got some work to do today!

..Now, should I stop by Jack in the Box, or get the makings for potato salad and burgers for dinner tonight? Could do both, I've got some work to do today!
That does it.. I'm going shopping for the fixin's (really just buns).
Make your own.. they're twelve times better than any you can buy!

Peoperly cooked meat and sliced cheddar, seasonings only with black pepper. Maybe a slice of onion (sweet) and a slice of beefsteak tomato.
That's all that's needed. Anything else is overkill. Good meat doesn't need sauces.

I grill up a 1/2 patty of young venison mixed with pork fat. A slice of Tillamook medium cheddar cheese on the patty, top with a fried egg and two strips of thick cut bacon. Lettuce tomato and red onion. All combined on a toasted torta roll with the appropriate sauces. Some crinkle cut fries and a tall glass of Arnold Palmer.

Tater Tots ;) Now that's the ticket...........

Peoperly cooked meat and sliced cheddar, seasonings only with black pepper. Maybe a slice of onion (sweet) and a slice of beefsteak tomato.
That's all that's needed. Anything else is overkill. Good meat doesn't need sauces.

That is very true. Nothing like a little salt and pepper and a good chunk of red meat........

I even like my burgers pink in the middle. If its a steak well :D I want it to wiggle when I cut into it......

Haggens in Bend has the ABSOLUTE best burger ever - Its the RR brand meat, 93/7 and mixed with cheddar and bacon or gorgonzola cheese. Mid week I hit it at lunch and usually find them marked down to 2.99 a lb and I buy every pack of two patties they have and seal a meal them for the freezer. I have about 20 on hand right now

I remember when Bruce Jenner was on a one a the late night shows and they were talkin about eating habits. He said you can eat anything you want as long as you burn it off.
Look how great he turned out:rolleyes:

Love burgers.

I sometimes do a doctored up version.

2lbs ground beef
Half a pound of thick cut bacon, finely diced
2 eggs, whole
2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 cup or so of A-1
salt & pepper to taste

Mix it all up in a bowl until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed - do this by hand. Yes you'll get messy. It's not a job for sissies. You'll get raw burger under your nails (I guess I should've said wash your hands before you do this, but I figure most adults know this?)

Make your patties to your size preference. I tend to get about 5 patties out of this mixture about half an inch thick.

Broil or preferably grill these on a charcoal grill.

Serve on a toasted bun with the usual suspects. Bottom bun gets a slice or two of cheese - Tillamook sharp cheddar or pepper jack (both is good) are my favs. I like red or white onions, dill pickles, thick cut tomato, save the lettuce for the bunny wabbits. If sauce is needed, a splash of A1 atop the pile of veggies will do fine.

I noticed none of you mentioned bun prep - I butter mine and a couple minutes before the burger is done I put them on the upper rack and give them a light toasting until brown. Then when done I put a light layer of mayo on the warm bun and it melts in.

I noticed none of you mentioned bun prep - I butter mine and a couple minutes before the burger is done I put them on the upper rack and give them a light toasting until brown. Then when done I put a light layer of mayo on the warm bun and it melts in.
You could just skip the butter and use mayo when you brown them, its how I do grilled cheese. I prefer it to butter as it gives a better crisp to the bread and doesn't saturate it. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like mayo or miraclewhip for that matter.

I like a toasted bun. Butter the bun - and either toast them face down on a skillet - using a saucer to press them gently down so the whole thing not only the edges toast - or toast them over the grill on the top rack if I'm grilling.

I hate mayo - so the unholy white sauce is left to the wife if she wishes to sully my burger perfections with the stuff. I also hate miracle whip. I stick to ketchup, A1, or Sweet Baby Rays if I want a BBQ tang.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top