JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys I have a serious itch that I want to scratch.....

I want a H&K MK 23.

Who has had some real world experience with one?
Is there any issues with them that I should be aware of?

Any advice or insight is appreciated

Thanks

Andy

It say's HK on the side, so that tell you about the quality of the gun. They are big, heavy but aside from that they are what you get with any Hk quality German guns. So far HK has not gone the cost cutting ways of Sig. Sully had one in his shop if you want to check one out. I have played with the MK23 but do not own one, but my buddies has had no problems. It's just a big gun. Hope that helps you some

It say's HK on the side, so that tell you about the quality of the gun. They are big, heavy but aside from that they are what you get with any Hk quality German guns. So far HK has not gone the cost cutting ways of Sig. Sully had one in his shop if you want to check one out. I have played with the MK23 but do not own one, but my buddies has had no problems. It's just a big gun. Hope that helps you some

It may be big, but it's certainly not heavy. It only weighs 3 more ounces than a Glock 17.

My buddy has one. It is a very nice firearm, but you need to handle one as it is big as others have mentioned. Too big for my liking even though I am an HK fan and carry an HK45c. But, I have smaller hands. YMMV.

Handled one today at Sullys shop. I wanted it real bad. The only thing holding me back is the delta between the asking price and my available cash

AndyH,

I had the chance to use a 23 at the range a while back. I too had the same itch that you had... I really wanted one. After putting a box of .45 through it I decided I no longer wanted on.

It was just plain too big. In my hands it didn't shoot better than the half price HK USP Tactical .45.

Yes it's cool to have but it's not really worth the expense in my mind.

I shot an HK Mk 23 several years ago when they came out. It was like a 6 year old driving a Bentley. Really nice just to big and expensive, if you are a serious HK nut get it after you save the coin up. If not, then I would recommend the HK USP .45 tactical. A little cheaper and a little more practical for the us common folk and still an HK so you are not losing money, think of it as an investment.

SF-