JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been thinking about getting a DAO or similar pistol, and the H&K LEM trigger caught my eye. Anyone have one, and if so, what's your opinion? I know SIG has the DAK, but I already have a SIG, plus the reviews on it weren't very good. So for those that have a LEM equipped pistol, would you stick with the LEM if you had it to do again, or would you get a DA revolver instead? Or something else entirely? BTW, I'm leaning heavily toward the HK45, I just like .45 ACP's, but I haven't ruled out a 9 mm.

For those curious, the reason this has come up now is lots of recent dry fire practice using the Mantis X with my DA/SA pistols. Being dry fire, DA is actually easier to practice than SA, and I'm finding I do surprisingly well at it, at least as far as the Mantis system is concerned. I'd planned on buying a DA revolver awhile back, mostly for DA practice, but finances didn't allow unless my SIG sold, and it didn't, which actually turned out to be a good thing, but that's a different conversation :D. Later, and thanks in advance.

I've got 3 H&K's with the LEM trigger. 1 USP 45 I converted from traditional DA/SA, 1 USP .40 s&w which was a gunsmith special Slide. barrel and frame only. I had to buy and assemble all the parts but those 3.

Both of the above pistols Have the LEM/Match Hybrid trigger in them. Which is a LEM with the match trigger, sear spring and one or two other parts, I don't remember. the point is they have a much smoother than and lighter than the standard LEM.
I really, really enjoy shooting them but the trigger is almost too light for a carry gun, it's still a long pull though, the reset is short though if you ride it.

I've also got a P2000 9mm with the factory LEM and of course I've added a couple factory match parts to lighten things up. It's Glock 19 ish sized and carries well. Though it doesn't get in the rotation much.

I don't know if answered your question or just danced around it.

I'm a big fan and I like the single action like pull weight (albeit very long) without the manual safety. I don't love the heavy curve of H&K's trigger shoe and I prefer a magazine release button, vs the paddle lever.

I have no experience with the HK45.

Last Edited:
I have a 45c and P30 with LEM triggers. I definitely prefer the LEM over SA/DA. The initial take-up is light, the wall is immediate, and break is crisp. Follow ups are quick if you ride the reset... Great for multiple shot situations or drills.

To be fair not everything is perfect from HK. The 45c was near perfect out of the box. Zero issues here and no changes required to enjoy the stock LEM trigger. The P30 needed some help in my opinion since the reset was noticeably longer (~ 1/4 inch). I purchased the SRS kit from Grayguns and have been happy with the results.

The initial take up is long on the LEM, but then feels like shooting SA. Makes a very consistent trigger pull though, as the first shot breaks the same as the last.

I also went with the lightened LEM/short reset. It's fantastic for competitions, but agree that version is probably too light for defensive carry.

Thanks, guys, so far, no one has said anything to discourage me from going this route :D. I've seen videos of the LEM in action, with the short reset, does anyone have any issues with unintentional double taps? I have a tendency to do that with my CZ 97 if I haven't shot it for awhile, but I installed a CGW Pro Package action kit in that, and the trigger pull is very light. Great for a range toy, but I don't think I'd be comfortable carrying it, even if it didn't weigh a ton :rolleyes:. Anyway, thanks again, and keep it coming.

I use a DA/SA p2000. Here are some thoughts from people smarter than me on DA that explain your findings.

One thought, the shorter reset on the LEM is still going to be a little different than doing the first pull over and over right?

The HK45 is the softest shooting 45 I have shot. I actually enjoyed it and I typically hate 45s, so fine choice there.

The LEM trigger seams very popular on HK forums, and the HK45 has a reasonable reset compared to other HKs.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top