JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently I purchased a Century HK93 clone on this forum. The rifle appeared to be in excellent like new condition with the seller stating that the rifle had issues while firing brass ammo and reloads. The price was fair and decided to buy the rifle. It did have those issues, the rifle would fire steel case ammo all day with not problems. It was a jammomatic single shot with brass case ammo though. After reading the horror stories on the forums I guess I should've done my research before. It appears that Century had a very bad track record with these rifles. The bolt space is good, no grind marks anywhere etc. As a result of my research on the HK forum I purchased a metal trigger housing from robertg parts for $75. I contacted one of the official HK dealers in the PDX area, they recommended Oregon Timberwolf as the gunsmith to take my rifle to. They cerecoated my new trigger housing to match the rifle, they fit it to the receiver and tuned all the mechanical components and test fired the rifle with a variety of ammunition for a very affordable price. I got the rifle back in less than a week. If you need any work done on your H&K style rifles Oregon Timberworlf custom rifle shop is the way to go.

Disclaimer: The rifle is completely legal (semi auto), the trigger group only looks as if it's a full auto. Only the pin ends are present on the lower receiver, just for looks.

DSC_1924_zpshq4q8ptf.jpg

Last Edited:
Not sure what you paid for services. The question I have is; was the shell being extracted and not ejected or did it simply fail to extract? I would have replaced the bolt assembly with a factory German bolt assembly. If that did not work I would have looked at the trigger pack and those parts. In order for the rifle to cycle, those would be the places to start. Did the bolt carrier make a complete cycle or did the carrier not travel all the way back? That would be a much larger problem. I have a Vector Arms 93 that had a related issue and I fixed by replacing some parts.

Ya know, I think Century's reputation is a quality control issue. Through the years that Century has been around. They have had reports of things going wrong and yet at the same time, other Century products run like a Swiss watch. I have a few Century products that have zero issues and run like they should. Coharie Arms has the same reputation. The one product I own that they manufactured has no problems at all.

Another option for grips is the S-E-F plastic assemblies from RTG Apex. They have the fingergrooves, which I prefer over the non-grooved standard plastic C93 and PTR type. Here's my C93 with a TLR-1s mounted on a short MOE rail, before I installed a side folder and the S-E-F grip. EF7CE839-D136-4CD9-80C8-3F052A1C31F5-1315-000000DD142E779F_zps0bdb72bc.jpg

Edited to correct from RTG to Apex.

Last Edited:
Ya know, I think Century's reputation is a quality control issue. Through the years that Century has been around. They have had reports of things going wrong and yet at the same time, other Century products run like a Swiss watch. I have a few Century products that have zero issues and run like they should. Coharie Arms has the same reputation. The one product I own that they manufactured has no problems at all.

And the one time I took a chance I got an AK that would FTE about every 40 rounds - it would tear part of the rim off. I think the gas port is a bit too large or the chamber a little tight (although on the latter, you would expect an occasional failure to chamber too).

Sure, they are like Taurus; many of their guns work fine, but they have too high of a rate of clunkers. I've owned two Taurus revolvers - one was great, the other jammed up after the first 50 rounds because it came out of the factory with a cylinder gap of less than 0.001". Flip a coin on whether you get something that works from either company.

Not sure what you paid for services. The question I have is; was the shell being extracted and not ejected or did it simply fail to extract? I would have replaced the bolt assembly with a factory German bolt assembly. If that did not work I would have looked at the trigger pack and those parts. In order for the rifle to cycle, those would be the places to start. Did the bolt carrier make a complete cycle or did the carrier not travel all the way back? That would be a much larger problem. I have a Vector Arms 93 that had a related issue and I fixed by replacing some parts.

When you fired a 55gr brass ammo the bolt carrier would not move at all. With steel case you could shoot all day without issues.

And the one time I took a chance I got an AK that would FTE about every 40 rounds - it would tear part of the rim off. I think the gas port is a bit too large or the chamber a little tight (although on the latter, you would expect an occasional failure to chamber too).

Sure, they are like Taurus; many of their guns work fine, but they have too high of a rate of clunkers. I've owned two Taurus revolvers - one was great, the other jammed up after the first 50 rounds because it came out of the factory with a cylinder gap of less than 0.001". Flip a coin on whether you get something that works from either company.

I bought a Century HK91 clone new 13 years ago. Fired about 1k rounds with no issues. When I saw this 93 clone I was willing to roll the dice :)

DSC_1720_zpsedpseoeh.jpg

Have to wonder if the chamber fluting was not cut the same giving a bit too much grip for brass while steel didn't provide as much bite. I heard that some of the century guns had the wrong locking piece (wrong angle requiring more force to open the action). I know that the ever so few 51s that worked properly had that angle changed so they were reliable with the "K" length barrel

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top