JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a strong interest in becoming a gunsmith/armorer and would like to know if anybody would have any info for someone wanting to start that kind of career/education living in the Portland area. I have had many tech jobs working on machines like laser printers and such and do most of the work on my car for myself so I am more than inclined. I would really just like to work in a field I really have passion for.

Thank You and Happy Holidays!

If you are a member of the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation (GSSF), you can become a certified Glock Armorer.

Of course, you can get all the same information on youtube.

Good Gunsmiths (full service, not just "accessory installers) usually have a great talent as machinists.

Gunsmithing itself is best learned at an institution that provides "hands on" along with the "book learning".

You may have to go out of State for a good school if you're really serious in becoming a good gunsmith.

Good Gunsmiths (full service, not just "accessory installers) usually have a great talent as machinists.

Gunsmithing itself is best learned at an institution that provides "hands on" along with the "book learning".

You may have to go out of State for a good school if you're really serious in becoming a good gunsmith.

Hmm. I just moved here in June, wasn't ready to move out of state. And I am a member of GSSF and I know they have classes here in Oregon for about $200 if you are a member.

I know this is a long shot, but an apprenticeship would be amazing.

Hi Glock Jock,
I too wanted to repair guns and I have done some of the (AGI) American Gunsmithing Institute Courses now. If you have te time you could stop by a look at a few of the DVD I have to see if you may want to do the course too.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area
PS just PM me.

Hi Glock Jock,
I too wanted to repair guns and I have done some of the (AGI) American Gunsmithing Institute Courses now. If you have te time you could stop by a look at a few of the DVD I have to see if you may want to do the course too.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area
PS just PM me.

Thank you! I think I would like to see 1 or 2 of those.

I wish you luck ! Here is a link with several of the best schools in the U.S.

gunsmithing schools in the US - THR

Also thank you, I really wish one of those was a little closer.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews