JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a strong interest in becoming a gunsmith/armorer and would like to know if anybody would have any info for someone wanting to start that kind of career/education living in the Portland area. I have had many tech jobs working on machines like laser printers and such and do most of the work on my car for myself so I am more than inclined. I would really just like to work in a field I really have passion for.

Thank You and Happy Holidays!

If you are a member of the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation (GSSF), you can become a certified Glock Armorer.

Of course, you can get all the same information on youtube.

Good Gunsmiths (full service, not just "accessory installers) usually have a great talent as machinists.

Gunsmithing itself is best learned at an institution that provides "hands on" along with the "book learning".

You may have to go out of State for a good school if you're really serious in becoming a good gunsmith.

Good Gunsmiths (full service, not just "accessory installers) usually have a great talent as machinists.

Gunsmithing itself is best learned at an institution that provides "hands on" along with the "book learning".

You may have to go out of State for a good school if you're really serious in becoming a good gunsmith.

Hmm. I just moved here in June, wasn't ready to move out of state. And I am a member of GSSF and I know they have classes here in Oregon for about $200 if you are a member.

I know this is a long shot, but an apprenticeship would be amazing.

Hi Glock Jock,
I too wanted to repair guns and I have done some of the (AGI) American Gunsmithing Institute Courses now. If you have te time you could stop by a look at a few of the DVD I have to see if you may want to do the course too.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area
PS just PM me.

Hi Glock Jock,
I too wanted to repair guns and I have done some of the (AGI) American Gunsmithing Institute Courses now. If you have te time you could stop by a look at a few of the DVD I have to see if you may want to do the course too.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area
PS just PM me.

Thank you! I think I would like to see 1 or 2 of those.

I wish you luck ! Here is a link with several of the best schools in the U.S.

gunsmithing schools in the US - THR

Also thank you, I really wish one of those was a little closer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top