JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and am about to kick off a couple of projects. The one I'm really struggling with is finding a quality gunsmith who has experience with the Winchester model 88.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Jim

The model 88 winchester is a pretty durable lever gun. They must be well liked, a bunch were built and rarely do I see any for sale.

They are! I grew up hunting with one in 308. I now have a project with a very corroded 308 barrel. The plan is to convert it to 358 Win. :)

Tim might be a little difficult to get ahold of, as he is extremely busy, but he's a good guy and does nice work.

I suspect they're swamped. I've seen lead times quoted so far from five months to a year. I'm excited to finally get this project off the ground but it's not a current hunting rifle so the wait won't kill me.

Thank you for the heads up! I was able to make contact with Tim at Copeland though and he has my 88! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

I was an idiot and was too excited to remember to take before photos. I asked Tim to do so for me when he is ready to start the work and he said he always does on projects like mine. :)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews