JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've ordered a Douglas 6-inch heavy barrel from Brownell's for my S&W Model 10HB and I'm seeking an experienced 'smith to switch barrels. I live in Tualatin, OR, and I'm willing to drive . Any suggestions? S&W M10HB-1.JPG

Thank you for the recommendation. I did follow up, and the task was declined at this time.

I'd be curious to know what he told you. I went to him on the advice from others. He turned down my work on a S&W 629 which was, as I know NOW, really not that difficult. Seems to me a barrel replacement on a S&W revolver would be gravy if he was a S&W guy?

Mike

I'd be curious to know what he told you. I went to him on the advice from others. He turned down my work on a S&W 629 which was, as I know NOW, really not that difficult. Seems to me a barrel replacement on a S&W revolver would be gravy if he was a S&W guy?

Mike
I agree with you, and have had this job done on K-frames and N-frames in the past. There is a fixture for these frames so the frame can be supported while the barrel is unscrewed (not an easy task). Without that fixture, the frame can be twisted out of alignment. Rich's does not have that fixture which, I believe, is about $150 and, apparently, neither does the Shooters Service Center. Revolvers used to be bread & Butter and Smith & Wesson was in the forefront of that, much as Mauser actions used to be staples for rifles, but times seem to have changed.

Mr. Taylor, here's a "Before" photo. I look forward to the "After" photo. The Clark bull barrel barrel was obtained from Brownell's. The grips are a carry-over from a K-38, and I normally have a Hogue grip on this Model 10HB, but it's temporarily on another revolver. S&W M10HB-3.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top