JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So have I. It's not until you have a problem with one of their sellers that you see how worthless they are in keeping their sellers in line {even though they make it look like they do} Credit Card companies ask for supporting documentation from listing services like GB when making a fraud complaint. Gun Broker doesn't do squat. Since this is drifting off topic...I'd be happy to expand on this off line, via p/m if you want.

I doubt the Moderators would have a problem with safe purchase of gun stuff on line. I have been buying online for decades. Always paid with a credit Card. Only a few times there was a problem. When there was the bank gave me zero problems and asked for nothing from me other than swearing I was not conducting a fraud. Happened a couple times on Ebay. One time even with PayPal. The one I did a reverse on on PayPal I kind of figured PayPal would get mad and drop me. They didn't. In the US Credit Cards offer an amazing amount of fraud protection. If you had some bank who issues Visa or Mastercard give you flack like this I would report the bank to them and change banks.

The only benefit of gun broker banning sales of these is it will help keep the prices a bit lower, as price gougers go to gunbroker as their first resort. I'm not sure if that was the ethics behind what they did or if they are trying play to the desires of the PC crowd. Unfortunately, it is probably the ladder.

I've made several orders on gunbroker using money orders from reputable vendors. I have yet to have a problem. Another nifty gunbroker trick very few people do is calling the vendor before the end of an auction. If the auction has no bids or has a "Buy It Now" tag ask the dealer if he will lower the price if you purchase the gun off of gunbroker with a credit card. I have also done this quite a few times and have gotten some smoking deals that you could never get on gunbroker. These vendors have to pay a fairly steep fee (like 3% or something) on gunbroker and usually bloat their prices a bit on top of that as well. I have sold things on gunbroker so remember having to pay those fees myself. Since I was a private seller with not much feedback I sent people to my gun forum seller profiles so they can review my history for extra assurance.

I've had my credit card frozen for various purchases, but ironically I have yet to have a credit card declined or frozen from buying from a gun dealer or Sportsman supply type of store. I have used quite a few different credit cards from various companies to make gun or accessory purchases.

PayPal has a no gun policy, so I avoid PayPal like the plague.

Well like I said Alexx, I did do a reversal request, with VISA several months ago in fact. That was the beginning of a very long story, enough to make a thread in itself.
Perhaps you might start another thread on the topic, although this has been discussed in a similar one a few months ago. If you need the specifics, p/m is the way, not in this thread.

Last Edited:
I've made several orders on gunbroker using money orders from reputable vendors. I have yet to have a problem. Another nifty gunbroker trick very few people do is calling the vendor before the end of an auction. If the auction has no bids or has a "Buy It Now" tag ask the dealer if he will lower the price if you purchase the gun off of gunbroker with a credit card. I have also done this quite a few times and have gotten some smoking deals that you could never get on gunbroker. These vendors have to pay a fairly steep fee (like 3% or something) on gunbroker and usually bloat their prices a bit on top of that as well. I have sold things on gunbroker so remember having to pay those fees myself. Since I was a private seller with not much feedback I sent people to my gun forum seller profiles so they can review my history for extra assurance.

I've had my credit card frozen for various purchases, but ironically I have yet to have a credit card declined or frozen from buying from a gun dealer or Sportsman supply type of store. I have used quite a few different credit cards from various companies to make gun or accessory purchases.

PayPal has a no gun policy, so I avoid PayPal like the plague.

I figured with all the ads on there with the only way to pay being some kind of check that there has to be a lot of "good dealers" there. Just scares me sending that kind of cash. The times I bought something I had no problem with the 3% fee added on since the seller has to pay that it was worth it to me. The local gun shops here do the same thing. Price is listed as cash and if you want to pay with plastic you have to pay the fee. This is a violation of the terms of service so I have been told. Shops here have been doing it for as long as I can remember so I have to guess Visa and MC don't want to push it and just lose the business. So of course when I buy from a local place I do pay in cash. Many probably are not old enough to remember but grocery stores did not take CC's for just this reason. Margin was too thin to pay the CC fee. It was like that for a long time till some chain decided to allow plastic. That of course pushed them all to start.

Done a little shopping and buying on GB, never a problem. I see a LOT of ads there I will not touch. Sorry but I am not willing to send money to some stranger by any form other than Credit Card. I see a ton of ads asking for some other form of payment. I suspect some end poorly for the one who sends money this way.
Just go stung on Gunsamerica buying a Vintage Model 70 from FMZ firearms out of Miami that came up stolen per OSP, when I went to pick it up at my local FFL. "I didn't know", he claimed. Right.

Just go stung on Gunsamerica buying a Vintage Model 70 from FMZ firearms out of Miami that came up stolen per OSP, when I went to pick it up at my local FFL. "I didn't know", he claimed. Right.

Now that is VERY possible. How long ago stolen? One poster here recently had this happen. Bought a great old handgun at a pawn shop. It turned out to be stolen from decades ago. Took the system that long for some reason to catch it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top