JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am making this a separate thread because while it is related, it merits its own thread:

BREAKING: Gunbroker BANS Sale of Slidefire & Bumpfire Stocks - The Firearm Blog

"Dear Gunbroker User,

The Management of Gunbroker.com has made the decision to no longer allow listings of Bump/Slide Fire stocks or similar items on the site. All existing listings have been removed without winning bidders. Please do not relist these items.

Thank you for your cooperation and continued support.

Thank you,

The Management of Gunbroker.com"

I really don't intend to offend anyone, but my personal opinion on these items is that they are a very bad idea. These are novelty items that have no real purpose except wasting a lot of ammo in a very short time, but they are super bad PR. I put their use in the same class as open carrying long guns into a Starbuck's. The benefit/liability ratio is almost zero.

I really don't intend to offend anyone, but my personal opinion on these items is that they are a very bad idea. These are novelty items that have no real purpose except wasting a lot of ammo in a very short time, but they are super bad PR. I put their use in the same class as open carrying long guns into a Starbuck's. The benefit/liability ratio is almost zero.

This comes back to the need vs. right issue.

Have you ever shot something like this?

I have - a modified binary trigger (legal). It is a lot of fun. Sure it wastes ammo, but then so does a lot of shooting activities. I won't begrudge someone something they do in private that is a lot of fun to engage in and harms no one.

I too think the blatant open carry - especially of long guns in public places, just "to make a point", can be detrimental to our cause, but devices that increase the rate of fire were not on the radar until the LV shooting. If it wasn't the bump fire stocks, it would have been the rifles themselves that would be targeted now.

The main thing that upsets me more than almost anything else (except for the taking of innocent lives by the LV shooter) is how easily and quickly the NRA and GOP were to throw us under the bus. Trump? I expected him to do that at the first opportunity, and while the NRA/GOP doing it isn't surprising, these are the people, especially the NRA, who took our money and votes in return for supporting our cause. At the first hint of trouble, they abandon us for the sake of political expediency.

I have - a modified binary trigger (legal). It is a lot of fun. Sure it wastes ammo, but then so does a lot of shooting activities. I won't begrudge someone something they do in private that is a lot of fun to engage in and harms no one.

I too think the blatant open carry - especially of long guns in public places, just "to make a point", can be detrimental to our cause, but devices that increase the rate of fire were not on the radar until the LV shooting. If it wasn't the bump fire stocks, it would have been the rifles themselves that would be targeted now.

The main thing that upsets me more than almost anything else (except for the taking of innocent lives by the LV shooter) is how easily and quickly the NRA and GOP were to throw us under the bus. Trump? I expected him to do that at the first opportunity, and while the NRA/GOP doing it isn't surprising, these are the people, especially the NRA, who took our money and votes in return for supporting our cause. At the first hint of trouble, they abandon us for the sake of political expediency.
There are a lot of things that I have a right to do that are also very bad ideas.

I am making this a separate thread because while it is related, it merits its own thread:

BREAKING: Gunbroker BANS Sale of Slidefire & Bumpfire Stocks - The Firearm Blog

"Dear Gunbroker User,

The Management of Gunbroker.com has made the decision to no longer allow listings of Bump/Slide Fire stocks or similar items on the site. All existing listings have been removed without winning bidders. Please do not relist these items.

Thank you for your cooperation and continued support.

Thank you,

The Management of Gunbroker.com"

I fully expected this. Lawyers are circling.

There are a lot of things that I have a right to do that are also very bad ideas.

There are actions that are legal and I have the right to do - I could legally shoot up my house if I wanted to, bad idea though.

There are actions that I have the right to do, that are not legal in places - I could possess a select fire firearm without paying the tax and getting permission from the ATF to own it - I have the right to do it, but it is illegal and a bad idea because of the risk of being caught.

There are actions that I don't have the right to do - I could shoot a person who is not threat to me - illegal, not my right to do, and a bad idea.

The number of things that I have a right to do, but that are illegal, are increasing - because other people think they are a bad idea, even though they harm no one. This is where I have a problem - it is a matter of freedom. Our natural rights are still there and always will be, but our freedom to exercise those rights is eroding, and that is what I object to.

So GB does "Right Thing ?" in taking down Bubba Fire stocks.

Well gee yippy skippy....too bad they won't do the right thing by shutting down the crooked sellers who prowl their site with impunity.

So GB does "Right Thing ?" in taking down Bubba Fire stocks.

Well gee yippy skippy....too bad they won't do the right thing by shutting down the crooked sellers who prowl their site with impunity.

Done a little shopping and buying on GB, never a problem. I see a LOT of ads there I will not touch. Sorry but I am not willing to send money to some stranger by any form other than Credit Card. I see a ton of ads asking for some other form of payment. I suspect some end poorly for the one who sends money this way.

Our LOCAL paper :
Alaska's congressional lawmakers vary in response to call for new gun laws
the two Senators are vacillating, while our Representative "DON YOUNG " supported them with the statement below

Don Young said that potential White House plans to restrict the product "is not the decision I would have made."

Done a little shopping and buying on GB, never a problem. I see a LOT of ads there I will not touch. Sorry but I am not willing to send money to some stranger by any form other than Credit Card.

So have I. It's not until you have a problem with one of their sellers that you see how worthless they are in keeping their sellers in line {even though they make it look like they do} Credit Card companies ask for supporting documentation from listing services like GB when making a fraud complaint. Gun Broker doesn't do squat. Since this is drifting off topic...I'd be happy to expand on this off line, via p/m if you want.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top