JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Lake county spring gun show today.There is no reason that someone needs to charge $2200.00 for a bone stock AR15.It is these kind of scum that has driven the prices up so fast.AK's were $1000.and up!I hope no one here gets shafted by these pricks.

I do not know if they are scum...maybe/maybe not....but this is simply supply and demand. The market dictates prices, not just the sellers. Sellers will charge whatever people will pay for an AR or AK, just like for any other product. If people do not buy, then prices drop.
The Lake county spring gun show today.There is no reason that someone needs to charge $2200.00 for a bone stock AR15.It is these kind of scum that has driven the prices up so fast.AK's were $1000.and up!I hope no one here gets shafted by these pricks.

I'm with Chainsaw. That sort of gouging would have been almost reasonable a few months ago when people were really stocking up and freaking out, but we're already seeing a few sub $1000 ARs hitting the different forums and prices that are in line with MSRPs. Uppers are showing up online, at least for a few hours anyways.:) I think a lot of gun show vendors prey on people who don't know about their local gun shops who have things in stock or would gladly help you find what you're looking for. It's not our fault they bought on margin at inflated prices and now want to get more than they're worth.

Of course, I don't make my living selling guns at the gun show.

Ed

Let me guess. YOU want an AR, but YOU won't pony up the $2000+
that someone is asking, so that's unfair and price gouging?

A seller can ASK anything they want. If some moron pays it so what?
We aren't talking food or shelter here---it's a discretionary purchase.
Supply and demand will set the price. If the price doesn't suit you
DON'T BUY IT.

Or would you rather the government stepped in with some price
controls? Free market or soc-ial-ism---pick one and live with it.

Yeah, The frustration is still there for me as well, just thinking back 1-2 years ago going to gunshows and passing up $275 AK's and $550 AR's. Not frustrated with the vendors, just myself.

We're definitely past the peak on AR prices.
Lowers are in stock in several vendors and uppers and kits are starting to catch up to the backlog.
I look forward to the market being saturated when the 4000 lowers from the group buy start hitting the trading market.

It's not hard to spend $2000 building a custom AR
I'm at $2200 with my match rifle with pre election prices!

A basic AR kit is about $600 for a complete A2 carbine

Let me guess. YOU want an AR, but YOU won't pony up the $2000+
that someone is asking, so that's unfair and price gouging?

A seller can ASK anything they want. If some moron pays it so what?
We aren't talking food or shelter here---it's a discretionary purchase.
Supply and demand will set the price. If the price doesn't suit you
DON'T BUY IT.

Or would you rather the government stepped in with some price
controls? Free market or soc-ial-ism---pick one and live with it.
No,I wouldn't have an ar.Not that it's a bad weapon,I personally just don't like them.And I was just venting over a stupid price.I fI wanted one I would buy one,not at 2200 bucks though.

I do not know if they are scum...maybe/maybe not....but this is simply supply and demand. The market dictates prices, not just the sellers. Sellers will charge whatever people will pay for an AR or AK, just like for any other product. If people do not buy, then prices drop.
Scum was probably the wrong word to use.It just makes me mad to see one of our own kind(gun lover)try to rip people that bad.I am just glad that I know better than to pay that kind of scratch for any ar.

the simple solution to supply and demand price hikes is to simply stop buying if everyone stopped buying then every thing would go down contrary to popular belief our current President is not the cause of 7.62x39 ammo going up and its not entirely because of the war its because of all the $100 ak kits and guys building their own and literally tripling the demand on ammo and when the prices went up from $69 per k to 89 per k and people still bought it then went up again to $129 per k and people still bought it then again to 159 then 179 then 200 to 250 then finally resting at 300 and people still bought it well if we stopped buying it then it would go down

Sort of like gasoline and crude oil prices, eh? When it was five bucks the gallon, most of us had to pay up or ride a bicycle. Many reduced driving to the bare minimum, made each trip count for several errands, holidayed in-state rather than driving to New York..... looks like its paid off, at least for now. Demand for fuel has fallen so low the price is crude is at its lowest in some fifteen, maybe twenty, years. About one-fourth what it was a year ago. Pump prices for petrol are still outrageous (last time crude was as low as it is now, fuel was far lower than at present....) but about the half of last year.

You watch, ammunition will follow. The panic buying has slowed, the "immediate threat" of our incoming administration to such things has fallen off, and metal prices are about a third what they were a year ago, some even less.

I have noticed that gun show prices on ammunition have been outrageous. And so I've not bought much at the shows. Bi Mart have on offer the red box American bricks of .22LR for $14.95, some vendors at the WAC and Expo shows have had the identical package for $26.95. I shook my head and kept walking. Sixty percent markup from an over the counter retail price? How stupid do they think I am??!!??

As ever, KNOW what your desired item is worth at other places, when you find it at the right price, buy it, otherwise, walk. I'm presently watching four pistols, identical, waiting for the price to be what I believe them to be worth. When I can score one at that price, I will. Already done it on some other models, which I now own. I could have paid a third more for them had I bought them first place I found them. Like in the ancient Roman marketplace: caveat emptor. A lot different than cave canem.

the simple solution to supply and demand price hikes is to simply stop buying if everyone stopped buying then every thing would go down contrary to popular belief our current President is not the cause of 7.62x39 ammo going up and its not entirely because of the war its because of all the $100 ak kits and guys building their own and literally tripling the demand on ammo and when the prices went up from $69 per k to 89 per k and people still bought it then went up again to $129 per k and people still bought it then again to 159 then 179 then 200 to 250 then finally resting at 300 and people still bought it well if we stopped buying it then it would go down
I have to argue you on this one.Obama is the cause for the massive jump.I have never been turned down trying to order powder,and I haven't seen reloading equipment dissappear so fast ever,even at the high prices it is dissappearing as fast as the stores get it in.People are scared of the ban.If he is able to over tax reloading supplies,it will get worse.

I just hope the sellers(who run a business, not joe blow) understand that by wringing every penny out of buyers today, when things slow down and the prices come back to earth- they'll be the same sellers people avoid.

The peak is past, many AR's are back under 1000 now, heck there are a few places seling BRAND NEW LAR-10's for 1300! yeah my safes are full and Ill probably regret the prices I paid, but at least I own them. Now if we can just get primers flowing again........

I dont see it as a rip off. If someone wants to pay a high price it is thier choice. I have purchased guns at prices higher than favorable because I wanted it. It all depends on the item is worth to the buyer. If sellers can get more then I dont blame them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top