JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How about a thread where we post info on any cool or unusual guns you find while visiting local gun shops?

I picked up an AMT automag and an AMT backup today (Sorry ZA_Survivalist)

D6DTtTD.jpg

A Cut Above Pawn also had a Remington Eilliot .32 Deringer. The ring trigger is also the Cocking Mechanism.

Z5Yh7fG.jpg

They also had a Colt belly gun I imagine was from 1850's or so
eC6tlob.jpg

H&K gunshop has a Ruger Super Blackhawk with the most beautiful satin finish I've ever seen

Fu2LrfB.jpg

I had some time to kill before visiting my aunt in Seattle. I saw there
was a gun shop near by. It was a very old smelly place with lots of junk.
There on the wall I spy a Savage model 6A! This was my very first gun
I owned now long gone many years ago. It was given to me by my grandfather.
It is marked "22 short, long and long rifle only in semi auto". It is kind of
different the way it shoots. The bolt does not go forward until the trigger is
released. This was in pretty good shape considering it dates to the 1920s.
It is a funky old 22 but it means alot to me. I asked the price and the shop
owner said $100. I said SOLD.

phpGpeBvRPM.jpg

Sportsman's warehouse on 185th has a CZ scorpion at $799. When considering shipping that's better than any price on slickguns.

They had a KSG for the first time since they were introduced at $999. A little too much, too late.

Checked in on a few pawn shops today. Baseline Pawn in Cornelius had several different interesting ones.

First as an Argentinian FMAP FAL. Outside looked just beautiful. It looked brand new. Any way to tell if this is pre-ban import? I could not find any import marks on it. I definitely wanted this

WjkVe5S.jpg
pxdnRes.jpg

They had a century HK91 copy in pretty good shape. my PTR91 looked nicer
MrhzJci.jpg

Calico 100rd 22 pistol
ERJsI85.jpg

Couple of nice looking Tech-9's
zvtC9Hf.jpg

I did not get pics of a Mini 14 stainless with folding stock. But it was straight out of the A team
ATeamS2_004.jpg

I also did not get a pic of a 5 shot Lienad 44 LC pepperbox that looked like this one:

Q2R3Wx9.jpg

Checked in on a few pawn shops today. Baseline Pawn in Cornelius had several different interesting ones.

First as an Argentinian FMAP FAL. Outside looked just beautiful. It looked brand new. Any way to tell if this is pre-ban import? I could not find any import marks on it. I definitely wanted this

View attachment 250352
View attachment 250353

I went back today to consider buying the FAL. after some researching it I came across this bit of info:

"If it says SAC Lattica inside the mag well, it is a post '86 import - missed the cut off so DSA stripped the uppers from the lowers to sell separate, avoiding the 922 stuff. Illegal to reassemble without 7 US parts, but it was frequently done."

sure enough, it has different serial numbers on the upper and lower and a SAC Lattica stamp.
Having no way to tell if it an illegally assembled rifle I had to pass.

Oh well.

The Argentinian FAL is damn fine, gonna have to take a peak at it soon. Realistically what would be the danger of buying something like that? Someone would have to tear it apart and count parts?

That FAL was assembled by DSA mostly likely! Just call DSA and ask to make sure. I have had a couple of them and DSA verified that they assembled both with all the proper US mfg parts.

What was it priced at?

I used to go in the pawn shops around Kentucky and would find a lot of guns, all at full blown retail prices, and for guns that looked well used.
I found out the local police would hold auctions once a year for all unclaimed confiscated firearms. 1000s of gun they auctioned off on the cheap. All the pawn shops would go there and buy as many as possible.
Too bad you had to be an FFL to go bid.

Was awesome that the police would do that. Get those guns back on the streets, only in the right hands!

That FAL was assembled by DSA mostly likely! Just call DSA and ask to make sure. I have had a couple of them and DSA verified that they assembled both with all the proper US mfg parts.

What was it priced at?

$1499 if I remember correctly. The lower serial number is in my second pic, I did not get a pic of the upper serial number. The only part that has some wear on it was the scope mount.

I wanted to get this before the 8th but what I was reading did not leave me reassured so I did not take the chance.

If DSA can verify it, it would be a nice FAL

One of my best local finds is a minty Mars Cetme and it came with 1000 rounds of ammo and and 2 ammo cans full of new mags. Back When Century Cetmes were going for $350, someone at a local shop thought this Cetme was in the same class as the CIA ones...
I paid $350 for all of it!

(googled for these pics as I don't want to wake mine up)

cetme1.jpg cetme2.jpg

I had been going into a gunstore in a town about thirty miles way for a number of years, on and off as they bulk sold .38 cast bullets and I was going through about 500 a week most weeks. On the wall rack there was a spiffy-looking but old Mauser .22 rifle with no backsight. I used to look at it and wonder abouth the chances of ever finding one for such a rare piece as that. Fast forward ten years to 1990 - yup, it was still there, so in an act of desperation I put my credit card and my FAC on the counter, and told him to sell it to me. While he was filling out all the forms, and having a chuckle about finally offloading this dust-gatherer from his rack, his wife wombled by. Hey tac, she shouted, bit the bullet, didja? Guess I'll have to go dig out that telescopic sight that came with it, eh? WTF? shoued the gunstore owner, WHAT $%%^£&*£(*& telescopic sight? Well, said mrs store-owner, the one you took off 'cos you said how vulnerable it was leaving it there where folks could catch their coats and stuff on it as they walked by. And so saying, she lumbered upstairs and came back with an old paper bag containing the sight, already in a set of high AKAH see-through mounts. Props to old Chris, even though he blanched as he handed me the rifle, the scope and my FAC all filled out with my new rifle, muttering, isn't it just YOUR lucky day?

Here is the rifle in question, a .22cal 1937 Mauser ES350B, now with its correct backsight, found for me by the noted gun author Jon Speed fifteen years later....

upload_2015-8-16_22-47-2.png
upload_2015-8-16_22-47-31.png
upload_2015-8-16_22-48-5.png
upload_2015-8-16_22-48-41.png upload_2015-8-16_22-49-17.png
upload_2015-8-16_22-50-5.png
upload_2015-8-16_22-50-33.png upload_2015-8-16_22-51-12.png

Not too shabby a deal for $120.00, eh?

tac

well now I have a reason to check out the pawn shops. jealous of your new automag - happens to be the only absurd gun I care to possess. typically go for chainsaw types. maybe it's some left over early childhood patterning from the early 80s…

View attachment 250352
View attachment 250353

They had a century HK91 copy in pretty good shape. my PTR91 looked nicer
View attachment 250354

Calico 100rd 22 pistol
View attachment 250355

Couple of nice looking Tech-9's
View attachment 250356

I did not get pics of a Mini 14 stainless with folding stock. But it was straight out of the A team
View attachment 250357

I also did not get a pic of a 5 shot Lienad 44 LC pepperbox that looked like this one:

View attachment 250358
gotta be careful with baseline pawn. Incredibly delusionally expensive and not knowledgable about what they have. You have to know exactly what you are looking at and for, especially there.

there's pawnshops and then there's pawnshops. i picked up a norwegian krag carbine fer 200 bucks in my friendly local; they had it in their list as a mauser. got an ithaca 37 20ga featherlite there for 225, and a fine older 870 rem 20ga for my grandson for 300. latest score was a 92 winnie 32wcf for 625--beat up, but shoots pretty good (4" groups @ 100yd with iron sights). wish i'd shopped there for the rest of my arsenal; i'd have more guns now or a lot more money!
mind yer topknots!
windy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews