JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What would it take to convince non gun owners, and "progressive" gun owners, to vote for gun rights? Whither it be ballot measures or politicians, preferably both?

They won't be convinced until private gun ownership is a thing of the past and there is no longer an option to vote except by the ruling class:
warsaw-uprising.jpg

Many of those progressives think they will be the decision makers and the ones holding the guns, but the vast majority are being used and will wind up on the skinny side of the barrel like the rest of us.

Amazing that it only takes a couple of generations to forget that freedom must be defended or it will be taken away.

What would it take to convince non gun owners, and "progressive" gun owners, to vote for gun rights? Whither it be ballot measures or politicians, preferably both?
Take them shooting then watch a film with them about the Holocaust or get them to read or see 1984 or some other Dystopian novel or movie. Repeat the process again and again and...........

Trying to inform anti-gun people doesn't work, since they just ignore any credible evidence that's put in front of their face. Gun owners who lack responsibility with their firearms sure doesn't help the overall gun-owner image as well.
Im guessing it would probably take a near-death experience in which a gun could have saved their life for them to change their views.

Take none gun owners who show interest out shooting with you. We need more gun owners. Many people aren't anti, they just don't know any better.

The looney left doesn't care about information that doesn't fit the agenda. The game of, telling a lie often enough and soon people will believe it as truth, has worked well in the past. If it isn't broke why fix it.

The looney left doesn't care about information that doesn't fit the agenda. The game of, telling a lie often enough and soon people will believe it as truth, has worked well in the past. If it isn't broke why fix it.

Right - the means are the ends. We will live with the outcome.
Left - the end justifies the means. The outcome is the only thing that matters.

Alot of non gun owners aren't specifically opposed to guns many are ignorant and could go ether way, the Democrats package things better and are the kings of slander.

I am constantly talking about guns, and showing pictures. People think they are cool. The old "behind every blade of grass" national defense, personal defense, protection from a tyrannical government, how fun they are, many people enjoy the craftsmanship, and most of because we are American and we can.

Take them out shooting. Its great for clearing your head and getting away from reality for a few hours.

for women its a great way to make them feel safe and feel empowered against sexual assaults. To me the party of women the democrats would be all for empowering them but they don't care if your raped carry a whistle and yell fire. Cant you see we care more about you then those scum bags trying to get your vote and oppress us through manipulative tactics and underhanded moves designed to strip us all of what makes each ethnic group, gender and individual special. We are all different and should embrace our identity's not destroy them.

Because this isn't about just guns everyone guns are just our identity they are trying to destroy along with everyone else's, they just don't sugar coat the war on us unlike other minority groups where they are sneaky about it

The movie "1984" sucked, read the book.
Read the Book three or four times as well as most of Orwell's essays and other books. Very interesting guy that the Left and the Right like to quote. Obviously anti-Fascist, he was also Social Democrat and was critical of how British Imperialism worked out in India where he served as a Policeman.

I thought the movie was O.K. and liked John Hurt cast as Winston. He just looked miserable all the time just as Orwell wrote him as being. It was a slow paced gloomy, gray film that hit all the main points that were in the book as I remember, but I only saw it once.

Today's remake would be full of non-stop action and special effects. Brad Pitt or some other fancy-face would portray Winston and the message/warning the book was about would be lost.

How Eric Arthur Blair's Politics would have changed had he lived is only speculation but I'd bet he'd be a critic of Progressivism today in America and where it's heading. The Progressives don't quote him as often as the Political Right does probably because they too feel Orwell would be more at odds with Progressivism than Conservatism!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNpZYLkyGfuCw0l4liQc4vSIGlAI2ewe7HWU06lFQuxjbScoPt.jpg
Winston at the Two Minutes Hate Rally.
Back then it was Emmanuel Goldstein they hated on.

Today it would be Global Warming Skeptics, Republicans, walmart etc.......

Last Edited:
Take them shooting then watch a film with them about the Holocaust or get them to read or see 1984 or some other Dystopian novel or movie. Repeat the process again and again and...........
whats interesting is I recently watched the latest Hunger Games flick where the film really speaks of gun control in several scenes. The government oppressed citizens are clearly unarmed and the rebellion had to mount an unarmed attack to plant a bomb... basically a suicide mission of volunteers to lead the assault to their deaths by machine guns to get the mass group close enough to overtake the guards positions by physical force while those in the read picked up the bomb to carry it through. The scene really struck home clear as day the message of civilian disarmament.

A quick reply to say my question isnt about advocacy to "anti gunners" at all.

most people are politically minded and "middle grounders" are no exception. What I like to do is find ways in conversations to interject how other rights are impacted by loss of 2A rights. This isnt always easy but many people get tunnel vision on a topic and dont realise or think about how all our rights work together. For example there are many people that join the knee jerk reaction to gun violence issues but otherwise fly off the handle if anyone proposes infringing on any other rights or priveleges in life. I find that in other topics the progressive reaction to a problem is to keep adding more laws to "fix" the situation than simply enforcing whats already there... pointing this out "just like everything else from gun rights to mandatory health care... etc. etc..." I was elated recently when someone I know who Im pretty certain supports "common sense" gun laws told me just how stupid gun free zones are and in fact after thinking about it said the idea terrifies him. It opened up a great opportunity for a long conversation that he admitted gave him much to consider.

Its also important to me to reflect responsible ownership to those that dont own guns, I have a wide variety (politically) of friends and acquaintences and it was surprising to me after years of knowing someone who I know does not own guns has come to me to ask about the subject, more than one person actually. Years ago I would have never put the connection together but its clear now how responsible ownership is integral with stewardship to others when recently another friend asked me if I would take him target shooting sometime.... in his 40s and never fired a gun in his life.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top