JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Olympic Arms CAR-15 I bought in 2004-ish has turned into a bit of a Franken-gun project. I replaced the fixed stock with a collapsible one years ago. Then I recently swapped the carry handle upper for a flat top. And a couple of days ago I cut the front sight down to a low-profile gas block. I'm going to put an old Tasco 3-12x scope on it and keep it in the truck for coyote. Might do a rattlecan paint job on it at some point.

Over the next few months, I've got an AR10 that's getting a new scope mount, and I moved the scopes around on the AR's a bit, so there's sighting to do.

The Olympic Arms CAR-15 I bought in 2004-ish has turned into a bit of a Franken-gun project. I replaced the fixed stock with a collapsible one years ago. Then I recently swapped the carry handle upper for a flat top. And a couple of days ago I cut the front sight down to a low-profile gas block. I'm going to put an old Tasco 3-12x scope on it and keep it in the truck for coyote. Might do a rattlecan paint job on it at some point.
Hellar tactical here in Saint Helens bought the remaining parts / stock of Olympic arms. I think they also purchased the name as well.

My modified front sight/gas block. :s0035:

pzjFvBam.jpg

Ive been on a trigger job kick lately. Mostly the $0.25 variety but lots of springs, sanding, polishing and tweaking. I still have a handful of guns to do but its been a nice relaxing way to waste some time.

And if your like me and value your time and labor at $0.00, its the best "feel" ROI you can get!

Just converted some KelTecs (SU16C and a PLR16) to Blackout Solutions AR-style fire controls. Haven't test fired yet, but liking the look and feel of them so far. Not a huge fan of how the AR pistol grip lines up with the trigger guard, but it's nothing I can't fix with some sandpaper or a dremel. Overall the system makes way more sense than the weird buffer tube add-on that KelTec sells. Fits a side-folding AGP stock or triangle brace with clearance to cycle the bolt while folded. Will post a more in-depth review when I have a chance to hit the range.

20230130_153145.jpg

I'm incredibly pleased with how this trigger came out. It was a 12lb trigger from the factory! I was able to bring it down to a reliable sub 5lb break. It was always crisp , just a brute. I've done plenty of trigger jobs on other guns, but this was my first time playing with a 1911.

IMG_20230216_173557717.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top