JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Olympic Arms CAR-15 I bought in 2004-ish has turned into a bit of a Franken-gun project. I replaced the fixed stock with a collapsible one years ago. Then I recently swapped the carry handle upper for a flat top. And a couple of days ago I cut the front sight down to a low-profile gas block. I'm going to put an old Tasco 3-12x scope on it and keep it in the truck for coyote. Might do a rattlecan paint job on it at some point.

Over the next few months, I've got an AR10 that's getting a new scope mount, and I moved the scopes around on the AR's a bit, so there's sighting to do.

The Olympic Arms CAR-15 I bought in 2004-ish has turned into a bit of a Franken-gun project. I replaced the fixed stock with a collapsible one years ago. Then I recently swapped the carry handle upper for a flat top. And a couple of days ago I cut the front sight down to a low-profile gas block. I'm going to put an old Tasco 3-12x scope on it and keep it in the truck for coyote. Might do a rattlecan paint job on it at some point.
Hellar tactical here in Saint Helens bought the remaining parts / stock of Olympic arms. I think they also purchased the name as well.

My modified front sight/gas block. :s0035:

pzjFvBam.jpg

Ive been on a trigger job kick lately. Mostly the $0.25 variety but lots of springs, sanding, polishing and tweaking. I still have a handful of guns to do but its been a nice relaxing way to waste some time.

And if your like me and value your time and labor at $0.00, its the best "feel" ROI you can get!

Just converted some KelTecs (SU16C and a PLR16) to Blackout Solutions AR-style fire controls. Haven't test fired yet, but liking the look and feel of them so far. Not a huge fan of how the AR pistol grip lines up with the trigger guard, but it's nothing I can't fix with some sandpaper or a dremel. Overall the system makes way more sense than the weird buffer tube add-on that KelTec sells. Fits a side-folding AGP stock or triangle brace with clearance to cycle the bolt while folded. Will post a more in-depth review when I have a chance to hit the range.

20230130_153145.jpg

I'm incredibly pleased with how this trigger came out. It was a 12lb trigger from the factory! I was able to bring it down to a reliable sub 5lb break. It was always crisp , just a brute. I've done plenty of trigger jobs on other guns, but this was my first time playing with a 1911.

IMG_20230216_173557717.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads