JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have bought over 10 guns fro Gun Crafters. I asked Doug to find me a Browning lever 30.06, SS, break down lever action rifle. Doug said it would hard to find.I went to all the gun shops in town. No one had any idea of what I was looking for. Doug did find one for me. The folk's at Gun Crafters know there guns. I would rather deal with someone who is knowable about guns than an ignorant about guns. I won't buy anything from big box stores. I have visited Gun Crafters numerous times ove the years and found that the folk's @ Gun Crafters have been treated very professional.

I had them do a bluing job for me a few years ago and it was a good job. Bought a pistol there last week. It cost me maybe $50 more than I would have spent on GB if you count shipping etc. I was treated respectfully and it was a plesant transaction. Ken

I've bought and sold a few things with GC over the years and have learned that Doug is the way he is and lacks in people skills. I've never had great or even good service from him...fair at best and that's a stretch. I stop in on my way to work every so often and generally walk out shaking my head at how a high majority of his customers, or potential customers are treated. I try and keep my money local and in small shops if possible as I feel it is important to do so for many reasons. To each their own and we all have the choice spend where we want to spend it. We need these small shops for numerous reasons and I hope GC the best, and I hope that they open their eyes and ears and maybe they would figure out that so many of us don't mind spending a little more for good customer service, instead of being left like a dog that just peed on the floor.

Based on what I'd read on this forum I was reluctant to do business with Gun Crafters, but I remember my Dad had bought a bunch of guns from them years ago when he still lived in town. I figured I'd give em a shot based on that alone.

So... I've been in the market for a particular gun recently. Nothing exotic, it's a current production model of a very common gun. I called there during business hours and left a message asking to call me back and let me know if they a.) had it in stock and b.) what they were selling it for?

It's been over a week and I've not heard anything back from them.

Doesn't really matter now I guess because I've since gone to another shop and paid retail for it.

So I guess that's that.

Thanks for playing.

Wait so your mad cause Doug did not call you back?

I would of just called later, or gone in..

I swear no one has any time to spare, When I go to look at guns I make sure I have time its a leisure thing. I dont need to be rushed and im sure he feels the same way.
Sure he can be a pain and sometimes his people skills can suck. But if you go in expectin drive through service forget about it..

I don't expect "drive thru service" but acknowledgment of my existence as a customer with a wallet full of cash that would like to spend said cash at his establishment on firearms in the first 20 minutes is not exactly asking for the moon. When Best Buy provides a better shopping experience- you suck pretty hard at customer service...

I don't expect "drive thru service" but acknowledgment of my existence as a customer with a wallet full of cash that would like to spend said cash at his establishment on firearms in the first 20 minutes is not exactly asking for the moon. When Best Buy provides a better shopping experience- you suck pretty hard at customer service...

My sentiment exactly.
Seems that unless you're one of the "in crowd" they don't care if you come or go.

Wait so your mad cause Doug did not call you back?

I would of just called later, or gone in..

I swear no one has any time to spare, When I go to look at guns I make sure I have time its a leisure thing. I dont need to be rushed and im sure he feels the same way.
Sure he can be a pain and sometimes his people skills can suck. But if you go in expectin drive through service forget about it..

1.) I didn't get mad at all.
2.) I wasn't going to "look at guns". I knew what I wanted specifically. There's no point in driving around to all the shops in town to look and see if they have it, when I can just as easily make a phone call. And yes, I would expect him to call me back. I can call AutoZone and ask for a $1.50 bulb and they'll call me back. You'd think something like this would at least warrant a call.

Seriously.. how much effort are we talking about here? Do they not check they're voicemail at the end of the day? Do they NOT know what guns they have in stock? How much time would it have taken to dial a number and say, "Hey man, I don't have that" or "Yup, got one right here, it's $XXX.XX"

That's too much to ask for?

Apparently it's not too much to ask for because other shops DID call me back with that exact information.

but I guess they must be weird or something and I'm obviously asking way too much out of a retail business.

Autozone cares about it's customers and knows that if they help you with the $1 item you might call back for the $200 item. It's a novel idea and I bet they don't insult people that walk in the door and ignore them for 15 minutes while they talk to each other as well. I know that decent customer service is a lot to ask for, but the rest of the shops in town have figured it out.

Well Doug has done it again. I sent my wife in this afternoon to pick up some .380 hollow points and he was an absolute jerk to her. This is after we've bought 2 pistols and a bunch of ammo from him in the last couple months alone. He's received the last dollar from us we'll ever give him. How hard is it to not be an a-hole to the customers that keep you in business? Apparently quite hard. We don't expect to be treated as long time friends of the business, but we do expect to not be treated horribly. If I could go back and change my poll rating it would be to "no freaking way I'd ever give this jerk a dime of my cash" What a horrible business

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top