JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey!

New to the area. Looking for a good gun club in the Portland area. Not too crowded, not too spends. Just recreational. I shoot rifle, so a long range would be great, and outdoor pistol. I don't do much organizational stuff.

There is no such thing as not crowded and not expensive cause even the expensive ones are either at capacity or so close you might find a slot.

Almost a month ago Four Corners in Salem was within a dozen or so of their cap of 1000 members Other clubs are similar

For the occasional use, the Clark County Gun Club at English Pit in Vancouver is one I use for rifle when I can't get up to the mountain. It costs about $17 per day (no memberships are available, just a per day fee). And you can use any of your own ammo, including reloads. 100 yards is the maximum distance though.

To the OP, After years of shooting in the PDX area I would say the English Pit in Vantucky is the best in the area cuz you can shoot your own ammo. Sucks that you can't rapid fire though... but it's pretty good for occasional shooting especially when it's raining as they have covered shooting lanes.

:s0155:

Check out Douglas Ridge, shoot your own ammo,indoor/outdoor pistol range,100-200 yard rifle range and thursday long range 300-600 morning and 600-1000 yards evening. Membership required and safety rules are strictly enforced and they have many differant types of shooting matches available throughout the year. Been a member for 16 years and enjoy all they have to offer.

Check out Douglas Ridge, shoot your own ammo,indoor/outdoor pistol range,100-200 yard rifle range and thursday long range 300-600 morning and 600-1000 yards evening. Membership required and safety rules are strictly enforced and they have many differant types of shooting matches available throughout the year. Been a member for 16 years and enjoy all they have to offer.

This is the one that I've been looking at. It's 40 minutes away, but has a long range. Might drop an application in next month. The fees are high, but you can donate time and lop $150 off correct?

This is the one that I've been looking at. It's 40 minutes away, but has a long range. Might drop an application in next month. The fees are high, but you can donate time and lop $150 off correct?

Not exactly. The dues are $150 per year. There are one-time costs that you have to pay (initiation fee, etc.) that amount to $180. And you must be an NRA member or sign up for the NRA. If you don't volunteer 8 hours to help the club in some way over a 12 month period, you will be charged an additional $150 to renew the following year. There are lots of ways to satisfy the 8 hour work requirement.

Once you're through paying the one-time costs, the annual dues work out to $12.50 per month, as long as you do the 8 hours of work each year..

Last Edited:

Only the first year is expensive, because of the initiation fees and setup charges. After that the annual dues are $150 - provided that you remain an NRA member and put in your one work day per year. Without the work day it's $300/year so it's worth the effort. There are plenty of things going on that need volunteer help so it's easy to put in the time and as was mentioned above, it's a clean and safe place to shoot.

Info: Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - Membership Application

RKBA

I have been a member at Douglas Ridge for the past 8 years now. I do the hunter sight in every year to get in my work hrs. It is a blast. There are many different ways you can get in your time and it is well worth the effort. Work hours are NOT mandatory however.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads